SOCIAL MEDIA

Friday, May 21, 2010

Why am I here?

Hello all!
This is my personal blog. This is where I'll talk about my quilting adventures. This is where I'll tell you stories about the designing of the products that go into my shop - Shruti's - the 'up'cycle shop! This is where I'll bore you with my narratives and I'll irritate you with my questions!!
So here's a little bit about me. Those of you who have been reading my wordpress blog can just skip reading this post altogether! But make sure you follow me so that you know when I have a new post coming!
As you've read in About me, I'm basically an Architect. The how and why did I start quilting? Well, to cut a long story short, my wonderful husband and I moved into a house of our own (we were staying with my in-laws until now) along with our dear son in May last year. In October, I was down with chikungunya. It was highly impossible to balance both work and home. So I decided to give up my job. It wasn't an easy transition. I hated chores! And I missed my work. Before long I knew I had to find something to occupy myself. That was when I started Shruti's - the 'up'cycle shop.
But this just wasn't enough. I was looking for a sewing machine to buy and that was when I stumbled across Elizabeth's blog. And from there, it was a one way journey. She was the person who got me hooked onto quilting. And for someone likeme, who first touched the sewing machine at the age of 31, quilting could have been pretty overwhelming. But I believe there are wonderful people out there who help you, inspire you! I met a few of them and went on, and on, and on, and on...
So here's me, talking t you all about all those adventures I had on my way here, and surely many more that I will have on my way ahead!!!



Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments... I try to reply to all of them personally, but sometimes life is just too fast to do that... But I love hearing from you...