SOCIAL MEDIA

Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Finally a photo filled post!!!

Warning : Picture heavy post ahead

Finally, here’s a photo filled post. Not only did dear hubby buy me a cell phone yesterday, he even lent me his wonderful camera to get a few snaps around the house!!! Isn’t that great???

So first, here’s my brand new cell phone. A Micromax Q55 Bling… I know it’s not a great phone. But over the years of using high end mobile phones I have realized that I really do not need a phone with too many features… The only ones I used were – Calling, Messaging and Camera… I did not need GPRS (I have a broadband connection at home!) I rarely played games on my cell. And I don’t even know what other features my old cell phone had! So I settled on this beauty of a model. The first thing that appealed to me was that it was White!!! It’s a beautiful model. Smaller than my palm! And its perfect for any girl!

Here’s presenting my new cell phone…


I Also made a cover for it (since the phone itself is just 7 cm x 7 cm x 1.5 cm I needed a tiny piece of fabric) from some leftover fabric after cutting a quilt!)


Isn't it gorgeous???


The cover looks good too!

Now, other things... I told you that I had caught the hexie bug... Here's my lot... I found a box for them too. This box was lying in my kitchen since 1 year... I had bought it thinking I'll need it, but eventually didn't... ( I have a lot many things lying around like that)

Its perfect to hold my hexies and the supplies so that I can take the project along anywhere I want to...


And here are the beauties themselves... Aren't they cute? Most of these will be going onto quilts I'll be making for the Spread the Cheer Project... (I'mm really behind on that one and have to catch up soon... 4 quilt tops are ready, waiting to be sandwiched and quilted!)


This beautiful fabric was sent by Elizabeth (Oh Fransson) I fussy cut a few girls and deers to make hexies for a red quilt for Spread the Cheer!


Now, here's the quilt I won from Deb! Deb, your quilt is not going to make it to my sewing room wall. This little guy loves it and so now, it'll be on our bed!!!


I did something totally different this week. And I'm really proud about the way it turned out.... I made a cathedral window pillow cover!!!


This is the quilt that Elizabeth sent for Spread the Cheer... Its beautiful!!! No other words... Kiddo had already made me order some rocket fabric thats on the back of this quilt to make one for him.


Thats the equally beautiful back of the quilt... Look at the perfect corners! I'll die making those!!!


I spent a substantial amount of time, tidying up my scrap boxes... I used a 4" x 6" recipe card as a guide to fold the fabric after ironing... It helped me go from this...


To this... (thats just one drawer... I've got 5 more to fill!!!)


I used my 6" x 9" template to fold the yardage into such neat piles... I'm not done even halfway through my stash... But I'm going to do it till the end of the month...



More pictures will be coming soon... Dont forget to enter my giveaway here... Its open till sunday... I'm increasing the prize of the giveaway... I'm also including a surprise gift with the FQ set... Something that is solely Indian!!! (Hint - Its 6 yards long!)... So hurry up and enter... 



9 comments :

  1. Loving the hexies Shruti! Gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am now following you thanks to Wednesday Blog Hop! It would be nice if you could share the love back on my blog!
    Also if you need any help tweaking your blog or easy HTML tips, you know where to come! Today we talk about 3 tips not everybody knows so come on by!
    Happy Wednesday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello, we're your newest followers here with the blog hops! Your new cell phone is so cute! The fact that it is basically a tiny little little square is very convenient too. The cover you made for it was adorable for it as well. :)

    Feel free to drop by our blog anytime, we would love to have you! :)
    http://sammymakessix.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. That phone is awesome!!

    I found your blog through Bloggy Moms and am now following! Hope you'll check my blog out and follow back!

    ~ Kristina
    http://www.kristinawyatt.com/missmommy

    ReplyDelete
  5. New bloggy moms follower. Please join our community. You'll be featured for a week on the main page. www.joyofgivingbirth.ning.com - If it't something you're interested in please join.

    I also have two blogs just browse and again if interested please join.

    www.loveofbooks.net
    www.joyofgivingbirth.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. new follower from the PRP. Take a look at my blog-

    www.beyourbestmom.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the cathedral windows pillow, but the hexies with the cartoon children are too cute!!! I can't wait to see the quilt that they go into.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi, so cool to see the quilt safely on your bed! I'm glad you like it :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Found you through New Friend Friday. What beautiful quilts! This is the one craft I have never tried but would love to learn. :) Such talent!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments... I try to reply to all of them personally, but sometimes life is just too fast to do that... But I love hearing from you...