SOCIAL MEDIA

Saturday, August 21, 2010

Girls love blue too...

As a kid I remember loving the color blue. But every time I wanted to buy something the 'girl' version was always pink / red/ lavender... May be thats the reason I grew up a tomboy! My hair length was never more than 3" (Right now its 18") I mostly  wore Jeans and Tee... Overall, just because I loved blue, I became a tomboy... Okay, there was this other reason too... I lived in a family with 3 boys & I was the only girl... In 10 first cousins we were only 2 girls... And in school in a class of 50 we were only 10 girls!!! (I went back to normal when I was about 16 yrs old)

Why am I telling you guys this??? Well, I made a blue quilt for a girl!!! When I saw the fabric (It was one sent by Theresa) I could read the letters "I love Daddy" first... "I love Mommy" was also there but it sort of blended into the background... That was when I knew I was going to use it to make a quilt for a girl...

So here's the "Twinkle Star" quilt...



It is a whole cloth quilt... 36" x 36" with a star appliqued in one corner...




I've finished the edges with a mini-pompom lace... I love the way it looks... I'm using this pattern again for sure...


I'm sorry I did not get a snap of the complete quilt... Will try and add it tommorrow... Till then...

Spread the Cheer!!!

Anyone else who wants to join the project to donate 40 quilts to an orphanage in India by donating ANYTHING (WIPs, orphan blocks, fabric, batting, leftover binding pieces...) please visit my old post here...

Your help will be appreciated... Lets gift these little people some love and hugs...


I'm hopping today...





5 comments :

  1. Hi Shruti, I would love to help you in your amazing project. I'll email you. Ros

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much for stopping by and awesome job helping out! :) During this past christmas I sewed 84 blankets for local children's hospitals and even though it was hard work and sometimes I wanted to quit, It was such a good feeling when they were all done! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi! I'm following you back! I'm currently in the process of sewing my first quilt (by myself...first one ever was with my grandma when I was 12 years old!)

    PS- I just posted my the first phase of my quilt...I would LOVE some feedback on my progress!

    Thanks!
    -Britt

    britnrich.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. blue is my favorite color as well my sisters favorite color is red when we were kids she had a red swing and I had the blue one. Funny the things we remember

    newest follower please visit my blog if you find time.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi, this is Heather stopping by from the Surfin Saturday Blog Hop!

    Nice blog! Just swinging by real quick, but don't worry, I'll be back soon! :-) Feel free to stop by my blog, I have a giveaway going on this weekend!

    Heather
    http://misadventuresofamommy.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments... I try to reply to all of them personally, but sometimes life is just too fast to do that... But I love hearing from you...