SOCIAL MEDIA

Saturday, October 16, 2010

A handful of finishes... an armful of mail!!!

The last 2-3 days have been very busy... I have been cleaning the house, getting it ready for Diwali... And I have been sewing like a tornado... I can manage only an hour or two at the PC (distributed a few mins at a time between 6 am to 11 pm!) and so you'll have to excuse me for not replying to your comments...

What have I been up to on the sewing front??? Well, you know I completed my Zanzibar Quilt...
I just cannot resist posting another picture here, Oh, I love it so much!



I made another one after that... Sew Mama Sew had this tutorial on their blog a few days back... The Crayon Box Quilt... I loved it... And I made one immediately...



The backing is one of the beautiful fabrics sent by Vicki Cal...


Next finish was a mug rug made from remaining Zanzibar fabric... This one is for a special friend of mine... For being with me, supporting me and understanding me through my worst times... My mother-in-law...



I've already given it to her and she loves it...

And... The mail man came with 2 HUGE packages!!!

First was from Sally : grendelskin

Two beautiful quilts...





And a lovelier picushion for me!!! Thank you so much!!!



Next was a package from Mrs P from Quilting in my Pyjamas

Two of the most beautiful quilts were inside it...





Aren't hey just beautiful??? Thank you Mrs P...

And I have been working on the design of a few quilts... Here are the bundles, thought I should show you the lot...

First is a lovely girl and kitten fabric sent to me by Elizabeth (Oh Fransson!)... I'm pairing it up with a few solids to make a quilt based on her Canasta Pattern...



Next again is fabric sent by her... Trefele... I'm making an applique quilt from this one and using the main fabric for the backing... Here's the lot...



Third is a lovely fabric sent by Theresa (Iw) who recently wrote guest post on my blog... These are two of the lovely soft flannels that she sent... I'll be making a 'sun' quilt similar to the blue star quilt I had made earlier...



Next is another colorful fabric sent by Vicki Cal... I'm teaming it up with a few solids to make two quilts with fussy cut center blocks surrounded by solids... These are in two colorways... Bright and Pastel!!!

The backing will be another beautiful flannel sent by Theresa...



These are going to be fun!!! I cannot wait to get going...

After I cut up the fabric for the Girl and Kitty Quilt I had a couple of girls left over!!! What did I do with them???





A reversible mug rug for myself!!! I think I deserve it... Dont you agree coffee is going to taste better now???

Tomorrow we're celebrating Dussehra!!! More about it on my blog tomorrow... Off to make some Amrakhand right now... Or maybe I'll just sit here and buy it ready made instead... LOL!!!



7 comments :

  1. Wow! Big days! Great finishes. I love your mug rug, and yes, you do deserve it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You definitely deserve it - I can't wait to see your finished quilts especially the second lot of fabrics which look a bit more boyish. It's been amazing watching how quickly you've taken to quilting - your Zanzibar quilt is fantastic. You have a lot more patience than I do! I would love to take Elijah to see the Diwali festival in the city but parking is a nightmare and I doubt we could drag DH out for the night. I did go one year though with some friends and it was a lot of fun

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love it when the postman brings BIG mail.

    I think your mug mat will make everything taste better.

    So glad to hear the parcel arrived safe and sound.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Shruti, you are going to be mighty busy in the upcoming days! Those fabs are fabulous!
    Can't wait to see your finished projects - have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the happy little mug mats!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice site, nice and easy on the eyes and great content too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Valuable info. Lucky me I found your site by accident, I bookmarked it.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments... I try to reply to all of them personally, but sometimes life is just too fast to do that... But I love hearing from you...