SOCIAL MEDIA

Saturday, October 23, 2010

Saturday 9


1. What are you proud of?

I'm proud of the fact that I decided to give up my fruitful career to stay at home with my wonderful kid! This is the best decision I've taken, inspite of the fact that a few people disagree with me...

2. What is the best thing you’ve ever won as a prize? How did you win it?
 
The Quilt I won from Deb of Work in Progress! I won it in a giveaway... It'll always be one of my most prized possessions...

3. Tell us about something you've done that in retrospect was a waste of time.
 
None... I feel every experience teaches us something, so something might not teach you what you intended to learn, but it never is a waste of time if you learn something else from it...

4. How old were you when life changed the most for you? How did it change?
 
I was 10 yrs old... It was whan my parents and my brother met with an accident... We were nto even sure for the first few hours if my dad would survive... But he's a fighter and he came out of it... It took him 2 1/2 yrs to be able to walk without crutches... But that incident taught me that you should never take it for granted that your loved ones will always be with you... When you say goodbye to someone, say it in a manner that you'll never feel bad if its the last good bye...

5. Tell us about a place you that you've been that you considered to be very tranquil.
 
I find beaches very tranquil... I love to watch the water play with the sand...

6. Who is your favorite news anchor/reporter? Why?
 
I'm not much of a TV person... But I love Amitabh Bachchan when he anchors "Kaun Banega Crorepati" (The hindi version of Who wants to be a millionaire). He's a gentleman, teasing yet appeasing... At 65+ he's still the heart throb of a million hearts in India...

7. If you were to have the opportunity to name a new town or city, what would you call it? Why?
 
I'd like the name to be "Aman" meaning peace...

8. What is something about which you've always wondered but have not yet found a good answer?
 
Definition of Success. I have always felt that when one is satisfied with what he's done, he's successful... But i'm not satisfied with that answer...

9. When you can't go to sleep, what is your personal remedy to help yourself drift into Lullabyland?
 
I drink a glass of warm milk, take a bath, wash my hair and go back to bed... It has worked eevry single time!
 
 
Cheers!



1 comment :

  1. regarding staying at home .... I understand wanting to use the education you have (I have a Bachelor's degree in Computer Science), if for nothing else, than to justify the expense of going to college. Of course, there is also the immense satisfaction of doing something that you know you can do well.

    BUT ... once you have children, it seems to me you must realign your priorities. As a parent, you are in charge of molding a new life. What on earth could be more important than that? Why would you put *someone else* in charge of bring up *your children* and teaching them *other values*?

    You do not need to be Super Woman .. you do NOT need to "do it all". You can choose to do selected things well instead of a mediocre job of all things. Being a parent is so very, very important. Your career (and your training and education) will always be there, but your children will not.

    As my husband once told me, education is never wasted. Although I have my degree and worked professionally for 8 years, when we started our family, I 'retired' from being employed and became a full-time Mom. I have NEVER ever regretted it. Being educated has helped me think of solutions, research problems and find alternative ways to get around problems.

    Be proud that *you* are raising your own children. YOU, as a parent, have a vested interest in the well-being of your children in a way that no other person can be.

    I applaud you!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments... I try to reply to all of them personally, but sometimes life is just too fast to do that... But I love hearing from you...