SOCIAL MEDIA

Friday, January 14, 2011

FTF & QLD Flood Appeal Auctions

I hope all of you are aware that right now our friends in Australia, especially in Queensland, have been massively affected by floods...

I have witnessed a Flood only once in my lifetime... It was back in 2005, I was married in February and in June we had this flood in Sangli... Though my house was about 2.5 kms from the river bank, we had knee deep water around our house... At my BIL's house, the level was about 8'... A few friends house ti was close to 10, 12 and even 16'! DH had gone away to stay with his friends and help provide people who were stuck in the upper floors of their houses with a supply of food and other items... I was alone in my bed, praying for all those whose lives were affected... There were people whose houses were swept away... Mothers with children missing... Children with families not in view!!! 

I had volunteered to help at one camp... It brought me to tears... 

I can so understand how the victims, and even those who are not directly the victims but have witnessed it can feel... 

So, like many other generous quilters from all over the world,  I am holding an auction here on my blog to help people who need our help!!!


Photobucket

Up for auction is a Set of 2 place mats from the Diner Linen I got hold of a few days back... These are new and unused...












I hope to make a small contribution to the people who need our help...




How this auction works:
1.  Bidding will start at $30 (US).


2.  You can place a bid by leaving a comment on this blog post with your bid amount and email address.  Please make sure that your bid is higher than the previous bidder.


3.  Your bid must be in whole dollar increments.


4.  This auction is open to everyone. Postage is FREE.


5.  The auction begins NOW and will END at midnight on Monday 24th January 2011.


6.  At the close of the auction, I will contact the winner (please make sure your bid comment includes your email address).  The winner will pay the winning amount directly into the Premier's Flood Relief Appeal and send me proof of payment via email.  Once proof of payment has been received, I will post your Place mats to you.


7.  Thank you for participating and happy bidding!


Cheers!!!


And this being a Friday, I must say the fact that all Good people around the world join hands to help those in need is my Favorite thing today!!!


Hop over to Quilting in my Pyjamas and share yours...







5 comments :

  1. Shruti - Thanks for bringing the auction/donation site to my attention. Helping others is a fabulous favourite. My prayers are with the people of Queensland.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good for you! My auction will also start this weekend. I plan to send a note out to all my co-workers pointing them to all these blogs.

    ReplyDelete
  3. As I wander round blogland Im so heartened by all the support for Queensland too. People are amazing.

    Thankyou for your help too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a generous offer. On behalf of Queenslanders I thank you.
    Cheers
    Helen

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm not seeing any bids currently so I'll assume I'm first and start with $35.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments... I try to reply to all of them personally, but sometimes life is just too fast to do that... But I love hearing from you...