SOCIAL MEDIA

Tuesday, May 31, 2011

FQS Bella Parade - Acknowledgements

When I thought of Bella Parade as an event, it was a wild idea. I never thought I could do it, since consistency, which I lack, was a major part of it. But with determination, I went on to host it. I am happy that I did it. It gave me confidence that goes beyond the realm of blogging and/or quilting... 

But all this would not have been possible without the help of some special people, some near me and some far off - on the other side of the world!

First I'd like to thank my wonderful sponsor, Kimberly Jolly of Fat Quarter Shop for believing in me. It was your belief, Kimberly, that really made me want to do it! Thanks to the entire staff of FQS for being so patient and mailing out all the prizes to the winners!!!

Secondly I would like to thank my family - for bearing with me for the time I spent away from them, sometimes even when they needed me the most... Special thanks to Aadi for making this fun!!! He learnt his colors!!!

I'd also like to extend my special thanks to Bryanna and Susan for being such wonderful friends and helping me manage this huge event.

Next I'd like to thank all my wonderful readers out there, who spend their valuable time reading through my ramblings and many more thanks to those who come back!!!

Next, my Experts of the Weeks - Angela, John, Katy, Faith & Rachel. Your expert guidance has been inspirational! I appreciate the time you guys took out of your super busy schedule to pick the fabrics for my readers.

I'd also like to thank all my Guest Quilters... Including those who sent me their picks, but they got lost in cyberspace somehow! Here's the list - please forgive me if I have left out any names...

I would also like to thank all those who took their precious time to participate in the event and helped me make it a success!!!

Thank you all!!!

You guys rock!!!

9 comments :

  1. It's been a wonderful event Shruti. Lot's of fun... and even educational :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! It has been a great month of looking at beautiful colours and going out of my comfort zone!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you, Shruti. I can't even begin to imagine the hours you must have spent in front of your computer! Thanks to this great "parade" I now have a huge selection of mix and match colours to refer back to.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you so much Shruti! This was an amazing commitment and organizational feat! I had a lot of fun participating!

    ReplyDelete
  5. No, thank YOU Shruti! I thought this was a great idea all along and I had a great time reading all of the posts, enjoying the guest and expert coordinating picks, and also searching through many of my own photos I hadn't looked at for a long time to find just the right colour to post on the flickr group. Thanks a million!

    Now you can relax and get back to quilting!

    ReplyDelete
  6. thank YOU, what a feat. I (and my students on one day) had a ball chasing around looking for and talking about colours. They were thrilled when they found out I won a day too. I've loved seeing other peoples colour of the day choices and their photos. Thanks again, it was a brilliant idea.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Shruti, thank you for this Bella Parade! Thanks also to your guests and to everyone involved in making this a memorable event. I've been having a look back through the Parade and it's been a lot of fun. It's also a wonderful colour resource for all to reference in future :)
    Please accept my apologies for a comment I made on the last weekend giveaway post!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you for all your hard work and dedication to this wonderful event. I really enjoyed being a guest quilter.

    ReplyDelete
  9. It was an absolutely awesome event Shruti and you did a fantastic job getting it all together and running it!

    Thanks for letting me participate and play along! It was a lot of fun and a great experience!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments... I try to reply to all of them personally, but sometimes life is just too fast to do that... But I love hearing from you...