SOCIAL MEDIA

Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Playing with stitches and colors...

I recently ordered a layer cake of A Stitch in Color by Malka Dubrawsky. The fabric was so beautiful, I hardly had the heart to cut through it... I felt it was like a birthday cake that was so perfect that you dont feel like cutting it up into pieces...


After I stroked it for a while, looked at it for a long time and kept it away after putting it on my cutting mat  a thousand times, I decided I should just do it... I mean, I can always order some more!

So I started off... 


I cut up 18 of the 10" squares into strips and sewed them together. Then I cut them perpendicular to the seams, into strips of random width...

All was well untill then... I even had a 2 yard piece of my favorite white fabric waiting...

Now, While I was cleaning up around the mat, I picked up these pieces and placed them on the red solid that was on my mat waiting for another project!


And then what I had thought would look like this...


in fact became...



I am really loving this one! Its a baby quilt 36" x 48"... And I'm sure that the baby who uses it will love the colors... And not to forget that the mom will love the fact that the color wont show stains easily!!!

Now I'm wondering if I should back it with red or black and white? Any suggestions? (I'm thinking of a solid yellow binding for this one!)

Cheers!

2 comments :

  1. Oh, I just love it!! I would back with B&W, myself. It's perfect for baby eyesight. Great quilt Shruti!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh how beautiful - you are patient and very talented! I completely agree with yellow binding - and another photo when it's finished!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments... I try to reply to all of them personally, but sometimes life is just too fast to do that... But I love hearing from you...