SOCIAL MEDIA

Sunday, May 27, 2012

Giving up something!

When you juggle too many things at a time, it becomes difficult to enjoy them - even though you start doing them because you enjoy them in the first place...



Something like that is happening to me...

I have too many things going on at the moment!

And to stop myself from being a nervous wreck, I decided to give up one of them!

I resigned from IMQG today. I have given them a notice of almost 2 months, and hopefully, by the end of that time, we'll find someone who's capable of handling things on that front!

I know, I'm the founder of IMQG... I started it with a vision, to provide a global platform to Indian quilters! I wanted, and still want, to help them get the exposure they really deserve...  I believe that India has a rich cultural heritage which also includes quilting... I also believe that here, craftsmen do not make money from their crafts... Its the middlemen and the merchants that actually earn money... The maker is unknown and 90% of the times poor... do you know the name of the person who designs the wonderful block prints of Baroda? Or the beautiful Kalamkari? Do the Kantha sarees carry a label with the name of the craftman on them along with the shop's name?  That is what I wanted to (and still want to) change!

I wanted to be the hand that helps the unknown artists climb onto a global platform...

And I'm really looking for someone who shares my vision to take charge of the group...

I have to step down because, I'm feeling too stressed out at the moment... And I know that inspite of being a good quilter, I'm not a very good administrator... What IMQG needs right now is a good administrator.

The energy that goes into all the decision making and execution is beyond my personal limit at the moment...

I hope you will agree with me and support me when I say that it is for the best that I resign and be there to guide the new leader, rather than go on leading, get stressed and make mistakes and fall on my face!

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments... I try to reply to all of them personally, but sometimes life is just too fast to do that... But I love hearing from you...