SOCIAL MEDIA

Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Vroom... Vroom!!!

I wanted to make this 'big boy' quilt for my nephew...

He's the son of DH's brother... And I had never made anything for him...



I ordered this fabric especially for him...


I did spend a lot of time trying to decide what pattern to use...

Since it was to be a "big boy" quilt, the first book I picked up was Geared for Guys by Emily Herrick


I was specially drawn to her pattern : High Voltage...



But wouldn't it be un-Shruti-ish if I followed the pattern???

So, and also because I did not have enough fabric, I decided to just base my pattern on hers...

And Vroom was done!!!


I love this shot... It was my first attempt at manual photography...

Here's the front...



The weather was not co-operating for photography... But I had only that much patience... Also I have to pack up the quilt to give him today evening...

I did a little bit of tweaking in Google Photos and they're good enough now!

I did try my hand at a few different photography styles...

Like this one on the stairs...



This is the back... It is a single sheet I thrifted from a shop in Pune... It is cotton sateen and is super soft!


Again some more photography playing - on the Living Room roof!


And some more... Thinking what that bar is for???

It earlier had lines for line drying clothes! We removed the lines but the bar was still there!

Guess you'll be seeing a lot of quilts hung here!


And another one...


 The backing sheet was 2 pieces connected together by handstitching... It was this way when I bought it... Love the stitches... And so decided to leave them as they were... Gives a nice handwork touch to the back!



Do you like it?

Cheers!!!

3 comments :

  1. Very cute quilt. Love the pattern and the fabric is right up any little boys alley. You did an awesome job. I have that book and have been looking at that pattern. Maybe I will get one cut out this winter.I also love to see the different places people hang their quilts to take pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the quilt. What a great present!!! And way to try new things with your camera. Awesome!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW... my son would love a quilt like that too.... was voyaging through you blog... and i must say i am mighty impressed. as a fairly new quilter myself... there are loads of ideas that i am going to pick up from here ;)... working on my first zig-zag quilt (http://dipteeraut.blogspot.in/2012/11/zig-zag-quilt.html)... hoping it turns out fine... thanks

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments... I try to reply to all of them personally, but sometimes life is just too fast to do that... But I love hearing from you...