SOCIAL MEDIA

Monday, November 26, 2012

Know thy Machine : Post # 28 : Leona

Welcome to the 6th and final week of Know Thy Machine!

This week we have some awesome guests listed out for you all

Here's the list
On Monday, 26th November : Leona from Tír na nÓg Studio 
On Tuesday, 27th November : Melissa from Tension Issues
On Wednesday, 28th November : Janice from Better of Thread
On Thursday, 29th November, Sonalee from Creative Instincts
On Friday, 30th November, Carrie from Such Designs
 and finally on Saturday, 1st December, Shruti from 13 Woodhouse Road

I'm sure you're all going to have a wonderful time this week too! Sad that it will come to and end, but I know I'll have another blast some time soon! :)

Today's guest is Leona from Tír na nÓg Studio 


I really love the reason she named her business so...

"Tír na nÓg is a wonderful story from Irish mythology, it is a place of eternal youth and beauty where time stand still, no one grows old or gets sick, flowers bloom perpetually, there is no sorrow or pain and where love is eternal. I loved this story growing up and imagined Tír na nÓg to be like heaven. When in the creative process of making a quilt, I can get so engrossed that it does seem like time stands still and all the cares and troubles of the world are no longer present – my little slice of heaven on earth!"

Leona's quilting journey started 5 years ago when she went to local quilt store and was just awestruck with the quilts on the walls and the fabric, especially batik. Within a few days she had a new sewing machine, signed up for a beginners quilt class and her obsession with quilting took off. By the end of the 4 week quilt class she upgraded my sewing machine to one with more bells and whistles and before the first year was over she had her own long arm as she wanted to be able to create quilts from start to finish herself!

Hop over to her blog to read what she has to say about her machine...





Today's Question:


Have you made a cover for your machine? Tell us about it, did you use a pattern or made it yourself or just winged it!

Leave a comment with the answer ON THIS POST.

Winner will be drawn on Monday 3rd December  2012 at 10.00 am IST.

Cheers!!!
 

17 comments :

  1. I just winged it when making a cover for my machine. Just took her measurments and went on from there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just winged it also. Measured, cut, and sewed; simple but functional. I live in the desert so a cover is a neccesity; don't want her getting too much sand on her!

    ReplyDelete
  3. No cover for mine - it folds down into its own cabinet, so I didn't really think it needed one.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't have a hand made cover just the hardcover it came with!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I haven't made a cover. I do have a hard cover that I can use when I need it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Every sewing machine I've owned has come with a cover, so I've never made one.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have a cover for both my machines. The first one I made many years ago and I just winged it. Grace, my Babylock, has a cover that I made when I took a class at my LQS. I like to take classes just to sew with friends and to have fun. I could have easily made this by myself but it is always more enjoyable to sew with a group of friends.

    ReplyDelete
  8. nope no cover for my machine--it is not often covered and if it is, I usually use the hard case that came with it :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I don't have a cover for mine and I kind of like it. I like seeing my machine because it motivates me to sew.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I haven't made a cover for mine yet, but I have ordered fabric to make one which should be with me in a week or so hopefully! Mine needs a cover as I keep it in the kitchen, so need to protect it a bit more. I'm going to half wing it and half use the old ripped plastic-y cover as a sort of template!

    ReplyDelete
  11. No handmade cover for (any of) mine. Sadly. I keep *intending* to make one, but there's always something else that needs made first!

    However, when I do make them (DSM, Serger, LA), they'll be simple, draped-over-the-top-tie-on-the-sides, whole cloth quilted style.

    Thanks for the giveaway!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I have no cover because the machine is always out and rarely collects dust.
    I guess I've never thought about it. I don't want it covered anyway.
    Thanks for the neat contests. I look forward to them every Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  13. No cover. I have a flip down lid and a hardcase that I use. Most the time it is uncovered.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I have not made a cover for my machine yet. I really should...

    ReplyDelete
  15. I have made a cover and I adapted a pattern from a magazine.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Nope, I haven't had mine very long just yet. Maybe a couple of months? And I'm just trying to stay caught up on everything else before Christmas. Hopefully I'll get to that in the new year. :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. I’m eager to find the valuable information and for me this is the right place to get the good stuffhollankken

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments... I try to reply to all of them personally, but sometimes life is just too fast to do that... But I love hearing from you...