SOCIAL MEDIA

Tuesday, August 25, 2015

Quilting Workshop : Sewing with Shruti


I am happy to announce a two day workshop in Mumbai on the 4th and 5th of September 2015.



Day#1 would be a split into 2 sessions: A and B

 Session A: Stained Glass
This is a technique I have always been interested in. I have been working on making modern versions of the stained glass quilts.

In this workshop, you will be learning how to make a Geometric(constructed) and Organic(applique) stained Glass quilt TOP.



Session B: Improv pieced Letters

I made a lot of improv pieced letters for my Sassy Batiks quilt. And I would love to share the process with all of you.

You will be making an A4 size, One alphabet using the Improv Piecing Method.



Day#2 would be a split into 2 sessions: C and D

Session C: Tote Bag making

My wonderful friend Kausalya Pandit will be conducting this workshop. She is a pro when it comes to making Tote Bags.

You will be making a  tote bag from  first principles and completing it with a zipper pocket and a simple pocket in the lining.



Session D: Abstract Quilt Design

Making abstract quilts involves a lot of planning. But the main problem a lot of people face when it comes to making Abstract Quilts is the fact that a lot of people cannot DESIGN it.

In this workshop I will be teaching you creative exercises to help you design and plan an abstract quilt. You will go home with one A4 size quilt top.

Now, moving on to the details of the workshop, contact details etc.

Pricing: Rs3000/- for each day

Time: 10:30 am to 6:30 pm(both days)

Dates : Friday, 4th & Saturday, 5th September 2015.

Venue: Bernina Creative Centre 

L.N.ENTERPRISES
Company Showroom & BERNINA Creative Center
A – 101 / 102 , First Floor ,
Eversun – DLH Junction ,
Near Apna Bazaar & D.N.Nagar Metro Station,
Sahakar Nagar,
J.P.Road,
Andheri (West)
Mumbai – 400053
India
Contact Person : Mr. Ajay Gupta
Tel : +91 22 26749218
Fax : + 91 22 26743426
Mob : + 91 9820213400
www.fatquartershop.com





6 comments :

  1. I wanted either. I sent a question out to an online group I belong to and one of the members suggested I try Inkscape, so now I'm working my way through a few tutorials to see how that will work.
    Sewing Machine Judge

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're too smart and perseverance to do these amazing products. It's not easy to do for those who do not have the appropriate quilting sewing machine . My wife is trying to sew a bag. Thanks for sharing these ideas.

    ReplyDelete
  3. sent a question out to an online group I belong to and one of the members suggested I try Inkscape
    Best iSpring Reverse Osmosis System Reviews





    ===============









    Best Home Master Reverse Osmosis Reviews

    ReplyDelete
  4. I sent a question out to an online group I belong to and one of the members suggested I try Inkscape under cabinet electric can opener

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments... I try to reply to all of them personally, but sometimes life is just too fast to do that... But I love hearing from you...