SOCIAL MEDIA

Tuesday, January 26, 2016

52 prompts to blog every week : Week 4

Hi all! Its week 4 of the 52 prompts and today I'm going to talk about my favorite organization tools.



I am the most disorganized person that I know! Its true! I start every year trying to get everything on track and by the end of the year there are so many tracks that I do not know which ones to follow!

I have been cleaning my studio for a week now. I have only managed to fold half of my fabric. There is so much more to be done at the moment.

But here are a few of my favorite organizing tools:

1. Chronodex
I discovered chronodex sometime last year. I was trying to maintain a daily routine planner, but nothing seemed to work for me. Chronodex is visual and I love the 'colouring' part of it! Give it a try, you will love it too!


2. Boxes

My fabric has been on shelves ever since I moved into my new studio. I love that it is open and I can be inspired when I look at it. But lately, I have realized that it has started fading a little. Also, India is a lot dusty and it becomes a HUGE task to dust all those fabrics. So this year, I have ordered some boxes to store the fabric. I found them cheap at an online Packing and Moving supplies store.


I will be keeping all my fabric under one yard in these boxes. I do wish they were clear, but I could not find cheap clear boxes. So these will do for the time being.

3. Baskets and bins

I love having multiple baskets in my studio. I can use them to keep  a thousand different things.


Now that I have multiple sewing machines in my studio, with many people working on them (I have one intern, Preeti since 2 years now and one friend, Ashwini, recently joined me on board. She will be looking after my online store)

What are your favorite organizing tools?

Do share them, in the comments or by joining the linky!

Cheers!!!
www.fatquartershop.com





1 comment :

  1. I keep my fat quarters by color in clear shoe boxes (white lids). I write the color on the end. When I need to pull fabrics I can easily pull the shoe boxes off the shelf and I have all of my purples right before me. Also these are easy to transport and stack. Good luck! I generally start out the year gung ho and loose a bit of organization about midway. I am going to try try try to keep it up this year.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments... I try to reply to all of them personally, but sometimes life is just too fast to do that... But I love hearing from you...