SOCIAL MEDIA

Friday, January 1, 2016

Resolutions!!!


A new year is here! Time to make some resolutions! (Keeping them is a whole new story!)

There are 3 main 'H's that I am focusing on this year! For each area there are 3 things that I will focus on.

H1 : Home 
This will include my house, family and relationships.

1. I will make sure to have an empty laundry basket at least 4 days a week. 

This will mean doing multiple loads on some days. But yes, I do not want any more Mt Washmore piles!


2. I will spend quality time with the boys at least once per week.

This will mean, keeping the phone away when we go out to dinner and making Scrabble Sundays real! I want to actually 'play' with Aadi; not just watch him play! So I will start with simple stuff like Scrabble sundays and gradually add more and more activities to it!

3. I will redecorate 1 area every month!

This will mean actually doing something that I have pinned on Pinterest. It does not have to be big or expensive. But it has to be something that makes my home feel loved!

H2 : Health

The end of this year brought a bit of a shock as well as a relief to me. For the past few months I had been having some symptoms that really perplexed me. I finally got my answers after a blood test and was diagnosed with PCOS and Glucose Intolerance. This gave me a lot of answers health wise. But it also means I need to make some radical changes to my routine! So here are my rresolutions for my health.

1. I will work out at least 4 days every week. And this will include 1 day of weight training at the gym.

I finally realized what I was doing wrong. I used to make aa resolution to loose weight. And when at the end of the month my weight didn't budge, I would just give up! So this is a better resolution! And easier (and less depressing) to keep track of.

2. I will be careful about what I put in my mouth. 

This will mean asking myself, "Is this going to do me good or bad? If its bad is it worth it?" every time I eat anything. Being more mindful is going to help me get in better health too. I will restrict my sugar and carb intake.

3. I will learn how to meditate (without falling asleep) and do that at least 10 minutes every night. 

I have tried to meditate. Lots of times, but have given up. Either I am too distracted or I fall asleep (this is the more frequent occurrence). I will work on meditation so that it helps me sleep better and hence keeps my health better!

H3 : Hobby

I know even though I'm calling it hobby, its more like my calling. I just call it hobby so that I can have H1, H2 and H3 titles!

In 2015, I found my real calling. I knew I was born to be a quilter long back, but it is now that I realized I was born to be an ART quilter! I do not enjoy anything more than making art quilts! I joined SAQA, and am now also the Regional Representative for India and SouthEast Asia. I have a huge region under me with just 2 members at this moment.
I have also signed up for their visioning project and mentorship program.

1. I will build my own artist website. 

My blog will always be there, but I need an artist website where I can actually put up my work and sell from there. It has been on my mind for a long time, but this is the year I will actually do it!

2. I will blog regularly.

I have not been blogging a lot lately. I resolve to change that situation. I do have a list of stuff we will be doing here and I'm sure you all are gonna love it! There will be whole lot of inspiration, fun and playing alongs!!!

3. I will have an open studio once every month. 

This is a total new concept for people in my town, but I love being a trendsetter. I will start hosting "open studio" on the last Saturday of every month. On that day, people in Sangli will be free to visit my studio, have a look at my quilts and actually see me working. They might even get to share a cup of coffee or a cold drink with me, if they time it right!!!

So there it goes. My list of resolutions for 2016. What are yours?



www.fatquartershop.com






5 comments :

  1. Great goals and can't wait to see how you go from here

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mine is to do my first art quilt! Make a start whichever ways it turns out. And to aid this resolution I am doing less bed quilts or none!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are very wise with H2. With specific goals you will be more accomplished in this area. I think I will take a page from your book.

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are great resolutions - I wish you the best with them.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments... I try to reply to all of them personally, but sometimes life is just too fast to do that... But I love hearing from you...