SOCIAL MEDIA

Tuesday, February 23, 2016

52 prompts to blog every week : Week 7

Today is Week 7!!! Yay! And I'm still doing these posts! I am happy that I am sharing with you guys! Do leave a comment to let me know if you are sharing them too!!!



Today we are going to talk about my favorite Quilter!!!

My favourite quilter ought to be Elizabeth Hartman of OhFranson fame. When I embarked upon the journey of quilting, a complete novice deer in the woods, she painstakingly took the time and effort to explain each and every query to me via email. Mind you, I met her, though very briefly at QuiltCon (I was so starstruck that I forgot to eve take a picture with her!!!) . She has taught me all those initial years when the world didn't know about me as a quilter. She is now more active in Instagram and the blog has taken a back seat but I have learnt and made so many  projects  from her blog tutorials.
Here are some of them.


Kitchen Window from her book Practical Guide to Patchwork


My first attempt at making Little Leaves, also from the same book.


Echino Pillows inspired by her quilt


Valentine, also from her book Practical guide to Patchwork


My intern, Preeti made this fabulous quilt from her book Modern Patchwork!

Apart from Elizabeth, I also love Angela Walters.
Last year at  Quiltcon, I attended a lecture by Angela Walters. It was the best one I attended! And I'm planning to go back for QuiltCon 2017 and she is the Key Note Speaker for that one!!! Cannot wait for it to be February next year!!!



Other than these, who are people I look up to, there are many more that I adore - Sandra Bruce, Luke Haynes, Nancy Zieman, Victoria Findlay Wolfe, Melissa Averonis,..... There are so many names I want to put on this list!

Who is your favorite quilter? Are there more than one that you adore? Have you met them in person, or just loved their work online? I would love to hear from you!!!

Cheers!!!www.fatquartershop.com





Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments... I try to reply to all of them personally, but sometimes life is just too fast to do that... But I love hearing from you...