SOCIAL MEDIA

Wednesday, March 9, 2016

52 prompts to blog every week : Week 10

Its the 52 prompts series and today we are going to talk about a quilting class that we took!



For the full list in PDF , just click here

I have taken numerous classes over the course of the 6 years that I have been quilting. Some live, some online.

There is one that I just absolutely loved! It was actually a Craftsy class!
Creative Quilting with your Walking foot by Jacquie Gering

I had recently ordered my Walking foot from Bernina and this class provided me with a load of ideas to use it!!!

Here's what Crafsy has to say about the class
"Stitch an inspiring collection of walking foot designs with acclaimed quilter and author Jacquie Gering. Use linear designs like matchstick quilting, as well as grid and crosshatch quilting to sew textures that look and feel wonderful. Quilt lines that radiate and overlap to produce numerous shapes and infinite interest. Accentuate your piecing with gorgeous gentle curves, flower-like continuous curves and more. Frame a focal point with spirals, create a ripple effect with concentric circles and play off of your pieced shapes by "echoing in." Plus, learn to quilt eye-catching text, and discover tips for quilting larger projects on a small machine. Quilt your projects with fresh walking foot designs for a finish you'll admire."

This class helped me a lot to improve my straight line quilting. So much so that recently my intern, Preeti commented that I have ONLY done straight line quilting on my recent projects!

First up, my two Abstract Portraits

Callie



and Arizona


Then a quick improv quilt - Around the world in ten blocks


My Art Quilt Around the World QR code quilt!


And my recent - #quiltwithnocorners



Which is the favorite class you have taken?

www.fatquartershop.com





Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments... I try to reply to all of them personally, but sometimes life is just too fast to do that... But I love hearing from you...