SOCIAL MEDIA

Monday, January 8, 2024

5 quirky things that make me - me!

We all have them. Don't deny it. We all are a little whimsical or quirky! What are the five quirky traits that make me uniquely me?
five-quirky-things-that-make-me-me-by-shruti-dandekar
I come as a whole package! I am smart. I am funny. I am loving. I am crazy. I'm the whole deal!
I am me. Everyday!
Are you ready to know me better? I hope you are not put off by any of these.
1. I wake up at 4. Sometimes, even earlier. I am a morning person and I love to wake up at 4! There was a time when I could catch a 5 am flight by staying awake all night, but now I will just wake up earlier! Why? I wrote a blog post about it. Sometimes that means that I am getting up when my husband is getting into bed. Even on holidays I am awake at 4 and then spend the morning lying in bed, because I do not get any tea or coffee that early! When in the US for QuiltCon (2017) I used to get up at 3! And was actually awake and fresh the whole day! I just am crazy like that.
2. I do not like chocolates. Phew. I said it aloud and yes, you heard it right. I do not like chocolates. If you offer me one, I will accept it and then slip it into my purse to give Aadi or my Mother-in-law - both of whom LOVE them. But me, not so much. I prefer candies to chocolate, but only when its like a question of life and death (which it hasn't been thankfully for the past 38 years of my life). So there it is. Out in the open. I do not like chocolates. But if you're planning on sending some my way. Please do. Aadi and my MIL will finish it off in no time.
3. I cannot cook. Yup, sadly, that one is true too. I cannot cook to save my life. Okay I won't kill you with my cooking. But if someone put a gun to my head and said, "Make something tasty or you're dead" (I am hoping no one will do that though) -  start making my funeral arrangements. To my credit, I can make a decent meal once a week. But that isn't enough for survival. Is it? So how does my household survive? Well, my husband did survive about 4 years of my cooking before we decided to hire a cook. And then when we could not find a replacement for the one who left, he learnt to do it himself. So now, he does the taste part of the meals in the morning while we do have a cook who comes in the evenings - everyday! I'm lucky - I know!
4. I have consistency issues. In fact, quilting is the only thing I have stuck to for so long. Maybe because it lets me be inconsistent while doing what I am doing. Every quilt is different from the others. Even when I started this website and my new blog, I knew I was going to have a hard time staying consistent. Plus, I decided I wanted to write everyday instead of four times a week. So I trained myself to work in batches. I sit and write 4-5 blog posts in a day. I do choose a single category to focus on so that my train of thought is not broken. Then I sit and schedule all my social media in batches - usually 15 days at a time. As I am writing this, we are nowhere near October and I will be already writing the content for November when you are reading this. I've hired a VA who starts working in November. So I am looking forward to her doing a lot of the scheduling part to keep me free to create better and better content for you. 
5. I go through phases about my looks. I do not have my own style. I have trends/phases. There will be days on end when you will find me in a T-shirt and yoga pants or jeans and then there will be days when I will go all out with the salwaar kameez. Same goes for hair. I love long hair. But I get tired of it soon. And then out of the blue, I go and cut it up into a short crop and shock anyone who is around me! Comfort is my style statement! In my heart I don't really care how I look as long as I am comfortable in what I am wearing. 
There! Its out in the open. Five quirky things that make me - me! 
What are your quirks?

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments... I try to reply to all of them personally, but sometimes life is just too fast to do that... But I love hearing from you...