SOCIAL MEDIA

Monday, January 8, 2024

Tutorial : Lipstick Quilt

This has been the most popular tutorial from my old blog : The Lipstick Quilt. At that time, I made it to go with the Fat Quarter Shop Nail Paint Quilt and they sure were an awesome pair. Just scroll down to learn how to make it. 
lipstick-quilt-tutorial-by-shruti-dandekar
Here's the pattern for the Fat Quarter Shop Nail Polish Quilt and here is the  video tutorial.  If you want, they even have a kit for you in the shop!
I just could not leave the Nail Polish Quilt alone. I had to have a Lipstick  Quilt along with it!
Fabric Requirements:
A - 2 - 14.5" x 2.5"
B - 2 - 2.5" x 18.5"
C - 2 - 2" x 4.5"
D - 2- 1.5" x 2"
E - 2 - 3" x 6.5"
F - 2 - 4" x 6.5"
G - 1 - 4" x 3"
H - 1 - 4.5" x 5"
I - 1 - 3" x 5"
J - 1 - 1.5" x 5"
K - 1 - 5" x 2"
L - 1 - 3.5" x 2"
M - 1 - 3.5" x 6.5"
N - 1 - 2" x 6.5"
O - 1 - 1.5" x 2"
P - 1 - 1.5" x 6.5"
Q - 1 - 2.5" x 6.5"
R - 1 - 1" x 6.5"
S - 1 - 1.5" x 6.5"
Assembly
Assemble fabric units Q/S/R in that sequence.
Draw a diagonal line on the wrong side of Unit G as shown
Cut it 1/4" away from the marked line. Place it on top of the assembled Q/S/R unit as shown
Stitch along the marked diagonal. Cut away corner and press open.
Now attach units F to both sides of this assembled unit.
Now, assemble the E/M/P/N/E unit in that sequence.
 
And the D/K/O/L/D unit
And the C/H/J/I/C unit
Now put all these units together as shown
Now attach the two B units to both the long sides
And then attach the A units to the top and bottom. 
Your mini quilt top is ready!
If you do make one, please tag me @shrutinow on Instagram, Twitter and Facebook. I would love to see your quilt.

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments... I try to reply to all of them personally, but sometimes life is just too fast to do that... But I love hearing from you...