SOCIAL MEDIA

Saturday, June 19, 2010

I have been busy...

All these days that I've been away... I have been busy... Not just with my family, but with my work too...
Here are a few snaps... More to come soon...
First is this table runner that I made for myself... I used up quite a lot of my scraps and I'm loving it...




The second is a bed spread I made for a friend. Its based on this design by Elizabeth. But I used larger pieces to make a larger spread. Its not quilted but just stitched in the ditch. Can you believe that the squares are cut from well worn clothes belonging to my friend??? No one at my house did believe it... ;)


Now the third one is my favorite finishes of recent times... This is my first finish from the 40 quilts I intend to make for the orphanage... I'm so happy for completing this one!
This is based on this quilt that I had come across long back and could not get out of my mind. Now all I'll have to do in the last month will be appliqué the name of the child on it...

Coming to the subject of donating to the orphanage, I'd like to offer my heartfelt thanks to Elizabeth of Oh Fransson! and Valentina of Valentina's Corner. They're donating 1 and 2 quilts to the cause. :) Thanks a lot. Also thanks to a fellow quilter from India, Kalpana Joshi (the first Indian quilter I've found); she too is donating a bagful of stuff.

I had always wished that I would adopt one child after having one biological one. But for some reason, I cannot do that. I hope things will turn favorable soon, and I can fulfill my wish. But till then, I'll do all I can to help those kids out there.

Once again, I request all quilting blogging friends of mine to donate your scraps to my cause. All that I'm asking for is things that you've stuffed away and wont be using. It can bless a child with warmth.

Spread the Cheer!


Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments... I try to reply to all of them personally, but sometimes life is just too fast to do that... But I love hearing from you...