SOCIAL MEDIA

Thursday, July 1, 2010

Requirements @ home!

I just decided to go through my house today, since I do not have a machine right now, and take a look at what I can make for my house and myself!

I didn't believe it, but here's the list...

1. Table Quilt for a corner in Dining Room : 15" x 29"

2. Table Cloth (36 1/2" x 60") + Table Mats + Table Runners (2 sets)

3. A photo wall for my family room

4. Quilt on Kitchen Door : 12" x 24"

5. Quilt near Kitchen Platform (2 Nos): 95" x 22"

6. Throw Quilt for Computer Chair : 90" x 20"

7. Living Room : Wall Quilt : 60" x 24"

8. Bedroom : Floor Quilt : 48" x 72"

9. Mini Quilts for Sewing room : 4-5 Nos

10. Wall Quilt for Bedroom : 48" x 24"

Any idea how and where I should start??? And just to keep a snap in the post, here's my living room... 

I did the wall painting myself... It is Warli painting a traditional art of India... I also made those stools from clothing scraps...

The floor quilt is made from a traditional saree... Its beautiful and deserves a special post.


On the opposite wall i have a few lanterns with flickering bulbs inside to make them look like flames.


The seat is inherited from my husband's maternal grandmother. Its my favorite piece of furniture. and the antique table is also from her, except that it was used by her husband to play cards with his friends. It displays a lot of brass antiques that we both have inherited from our respective families. (Both of us had loved these pieces and cherished them even before our marriage.)


On the small balcony outside I have made shelves for my small garden from old ladders and wooden shutters.



It took us nearly 6 months to convert this terrace to this living room. But it was all worth the effort. What do you say?

Btw, I was thinking of introducing the Saree Floor Quilts in my Etsy shop. Do you like the idea? More about the quilt later.

2 comments :

  1. Guess what... YOU WON THE QUILT ON MY BLOG!!
    Oh yes you did, really really really. I counted up all the entries and I put them in the random org thing and I prayed and said "God you choose the person, You want!" and then your number came out!! I'm so excited for you. It's for real, you really did win. {happy dance for you}
    Contact me real quick deb@davidrobertson.co.nz and give me your address and I can post it to you. I've never posted anything to India before!! lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. can you send me your quilt pictures/.I would like to write about you in my Blog which would give your products some more exposure as i have people who visit looking for Home furnishings.Iam deepa Raman.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments... I try to reply to all of them personally, but sometimes life is just too fast to do that... But I love hearing from you...