SOCIAL MEDIA

Tuesday, August 24, 2010

A dilemma...

Recently I have found that blog hopping really gets more visitors to my site... I've made some really good friends, thanks to all the wonderful hops... I was rather hoping you guys help me find an answer to it...






Right now I'm facing a dilemma. I have got a proposal for a large project here in Sangli - An architectural project. Its an once-in-a-lifetime opportunity. The pay might not be great. But this project will surely get me settled as an architect in Sangli.

Now whats the dilemma? To do it or not to do it. But why would I feel not to do it?

Here are my reasons :
1. Kiddo does not have anyone to look after him when he's at home. No day care / no nanny / no reliable baby sitter. My MIL stays on the first floor of the same house, but she is working and I cannot really depend on her.

2. Whenever I have got work pressure, I tend to neglect home, which in turn makes hubby mad and then we have rows... He does not like me ignoring kiddo (Like i love doing that).

3. After having a really bad beginning here in Sangli I'm honestly a little scared to start with something this big! I'll update you on the history. I had a great practice going in Satara - my hometown. But after marriage I shifted to my husband's place - Sangli. I started my own office here. (afterall I had completed about 16 projects before). But I waited for an year and still did not have a single project. I closed down the shutters and started a job. That year was very taxing for me. I have spent hours in my office playing Solitaire on my PC.

If this opportunity had come at that time, I'd have jumped at it. But after 5 years of not doing my own practice, when this came along, I was seriously thinking about it.

4. If I fail at this - and mind well, I'll have to do everything on my own - I have a very supportive family!(not that they dont want to, but I know they cannot - they're all too tied up)- I dont think I'll do any kind of 'work' again. At times it will also mean disturbing the peace on the home front.

Hubby and I have been through rough times recently. But in the end we realized we both love eahc other too much to let go. We know we will always be togetehr, no matter what. But then, is it all worth it? Would I really get the pleasure of working when I'm not happy at home? Will I get satisfaction from it if I know kiddo is missing me badly?

I'm so confused. Its like someeone has given you an ice-cream just after you've recovered from a bad cold! To eat or not to eat?

What do you guys think I should do?

9 comments :

  1. I don't know much about your history. But I say do it. I think you would kick yourself for not trying it.
    This may sound harsh, but sometimes you have to do things for YOU.
    Stopping by from the Tuesday Blog Hop (New To Mom)

    ReplyDelete
  2. GO FOR IT!!!!! DO IT!!!! God's Blessing on you !!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for stopping by MFM. I'm returning your follow. It sounds like this is something you would be interested in doing so I say it sounds like a great opportunity.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi
    I'm following you back. WOW India. I love having blog followers from all over the world. Thanks for linking up to the blog hop and adding the button :) Have a great week.
    Cheers,
    Tiffany
    NimblerGrove

    ReplyDelete
  5. It looks like I'm in the minority here, but I vote for putting your child first, above your own desires. When he gets old enough, you can work while he's in school.
    Imagine, for a moment, that you are your son. Ask yourself what you would prefer - if you fell and scraped a knee, or got stung by a bee, would you want a babysitter or daycare worker to put a bandage on it? Or would you want your mommy to do it, with hugs and kisses to soothe your tears?
    Being happy is a state of mind. You must CHOOSE to be happy at home. You can choose to be essential to the well-being of your family by making your home run smoothly and happily. I think THAT is what your husband wants.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I enjoyed browsing your blog. Beautiful quilt! I am a new blogger and am now following you; please follow me back. Thanks and have a great day.
    Lindalovesblog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I found you on the blog hop and I'm your newest follower! Come follow me too! :) I think that you should do what's best for your family, but you know your situation better than I do. :)
    http://curliegirlie03.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think that it would make sense to do a cost/benefits analysis. In one column put what the costs will be (harmonious home, time with son) and in the other put the benefits (son learns to be independent, career starts up again in a big way.)

    That said, I would be all for waiting until son is at least 7 years old.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Following you from Follow Me Wednesday. I would love it if you returned the favor by visiting my blog as well. www.jennifersikora.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments... I try to reply to all of them personally, but sometimes life is just too fast to do that... But I love hearing from you...