SOCIAL MEDIA

Friday, August 6, 2010

A few things I learnt....

I think I always learn things the hard way...

First, last year on our trip to the beach, I let some water enter my camera case and let the camera be damaged... Then I sent it to the local service station which caused a dent on it! And then when dear brother (from whom the cam was a gift) next went to US, the service station informed us that it cannot be covered in warranty because of the dent...

Moral of the story : Dont use an expensive camera if you cannot handle it with care...

So... for an year, i've been using my cell phone camera to click snaps for my blog...

Now comes lesson no 2 : Do not EVER take the cell-phone into the toilet!

I did that... (Thank God it was BEFORE I had used it and AFTER I had just cleaned it)... I had only closed the door and I realized that my precious little gadget had slipped out of my hand... Before I turned and tried to retrieve it, I saw it going down into the toilet!!! The blue lights blinked pathetically and it went off... Never to turn on again... For a quite a long time...

So... Now I am looking for another phone, that means lesser budget for my fabric... :(

There's more : Lesson No 3 : Do not tell such things to very close friends...

I let the phone sit for 3 days and then on a whim tried to turn it on... IT STARTED... Okay, the sound's gone and the camera's gone too... But I could at least get a backup of my data... Then I made mistake # 3...
I called up mu BIl, who also happens to be a very close friend of mine... I remembered he had bought a new cell phone recently and still had his old one... So I told him that I dropped my own ph in the toilet and that I needed his old one till I got myself a new one... His first question was, "Does your phone stink now?"
Till that time, it had not... I promise you, there was no trace of its trip down the toilet trap... But the moment BIL uttered those words, a yucky stench spread across the room... And I could not even sit there...

Moral : Dont give unnecessary details to people who need not know...

So... Its the end of the week and I do not have a cell phone... I kind of like the idea of not being "available" all the time... But I really like texting to my friends... I miss it... BIL is still looking for his phone and has assured me he'll find it on sunday (i guess he means he'll look for it on sunday)...

So here's a photoless post...

But there are a few nice things that I learnt too...

First was that making a continuous binding need not be a frightful experience... After finding numerous tutorials online, I found this one which made more sense to me than nay other... I made a few and really loved them... Its not that difficult... 

Second was hand sewing the other side of the binding is therapeutic... I really got time to talk to myself and enjoyed the process much to my amazement... I hate hand sewing anything... It just needs a lot of patience... But I gave it a try yesterday... I took it down to the garden (I stay on the 2nd floor of our huge family home... will have a post about my home soon...) I hand sewed the binding on while my kiddo played in the garden... We even picked some fresh guavas from the tree and ate it (without washing them / cutting them) They were yummy... 

I really liked the idea that this way I can spend a little more time with him AND get my work done too...

Sorry for the looooooooong post... But i have to make up for the pictureless post...

 


2 comments :

  1. Sorry about your cell phone! Wish I understood the binding post on your friend's blog, but I think I'd have to be less tired.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry to hear about your cellphone and camera troubles. So glad you found a good tutorial on continuous binding as it makes making it so much easier. I also have tutorial on my blog. Hope you get a replacement cellphone soon so you can share photos of your newly bound quilt!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments... I try to reply to all of them personally, but sometimes life is just too fast to do that... But I love hearing from you...