SOCIAL MEDIA

Wednesday, August 11, 2010

I have a confession to make...

I have been reading about it being addicting here, here, here... and a lot many places... But I was not prepared to take it...

How can something just 1 1/2" big make you an addict???

Honestly I was even scared to try them... I'm a wreck at hand sewing as much as I am a wreck in the kitchen... But when kiddo was ill and the noise of the machine started bothering him and he wanted me by his side 24 x 7 (even when he slept he held on to my hand, leg actually any part of me) I needed something to occupy myself. The light was okay but not good enough to read... I could not turn on the TV / my PC... No sewing machine... I knew the inactivity would be dangerous to me...

So I finally decided to try my hand at it...

And...

I'm addicted too... I loved making hexies... I've made more than 60 of them in about 3 hours yesterday... I have no idea what I'm going to do with them... But I will work something out...

Snaps of my beautiful little hexies will be here as soon as kiddo's well enough to let me go out and buy myself a cell phone...

Three lovely packages arrived this week... First one was a bag full of fabrics from Jodi... They are beautiful dear, and I'm dying to use the min a quilt... Next was my 3 x 6 sampler block from Amy... Its really stunning... I can show you a snap of it from flickr...

3x6 bee 3rd qt hive 17


And next was the package that took my breath away...

It was a quilt by Elizabeth from Oh Fransson... She is someone whom I've adored... She was one of the reasons I took up quilting in the first place... I love her work... She's just so damn neat!!! I wish I can half as good as her... She sent me a quilt for my Spread the Cheer project... And its a lovely quilt... I'm sure the baby who gets it is going to cherish it always... And the fabric that she has sent is lovely too... Thank you so much Elizabeth... 

My little one is going through a very bad patch (health-wise) He's having his first asthma attack and the weather is no better... Its a pain to see him so uncomfortable... We've spent 3 sleepless nights now... I wish I could do something to ease him... But he's a fighter and I know it'll just be a couple of days and he'll bounce back with full energy...

Till then, all those who are expecting packages from me, will have to wait... I'm really sorry for the delay... Especially to my PIF friend - Jodi, my giveaway winner - Mrs P, Patches 4 Lissa - Jane and Global Quilt Project - Amy... The packages will be out by the end of this week and hopefully reach you guys in time (thats for Jane & Amy)...

Till then, I'll go back to my little one...

1 comment :

  1. Shruti, no worries, please! Just take care of your darling son and yourself and hubbie. My son has asthma, too. He started when he was about 2 years old and I know how trying it can be. I'll say some prayers for him! I hope all is back to normal very soon for you and him! By the way, you have ONE YEAR to fulfill your PIF obligations!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments... I try to reply to all of them personally, but sometimes life is just too fast to do that... But I love hearing from you...