SOCIAL MEDIA

Sunday, August 22, 2010

A little about my awesome brothers...

Here in India we celebrate the full moon day in the Shravan month (Thats a hindu month) as Rakhi Pournima or Raksha Bandhan.

That will be on Tuesday next week. It is a day to celebrate the bond between brother and sister. We sisters tie a colorful thread on the wrists of our brothers and tie them in a bond to protect us all our lives. They in turn give us gifts! First cousins are also considered.

I grew up in a joint family. My father and his brother stayed together. So My uncles kids - two boys - and me and my brother have a very close relationship.






We've been friends all our lives... Parners in crime... Always saving each others asses from our parents... It was fun growing up with them... And today when I'm away from the 3 of them, I really miss them... Especially on Raksha Bandhan...

But that also means I get fabulous gifts from them... ;)

This years gift from my little brother (all 3 are little - you can see, I'm the eldest) - so littlest brother - was my own domain name!!!

www.13woodhouseroad.com is brought to you by
Chaitanya!!!


He was a sweet child... Hated his studies... Made mom go mad!!! But he was totally dedicated to his passion... I do not remember ONE toy that he had not opened up the moment he brought home! Some of them never came together again, LOL...

He is passionate about making UAVs... He has built one from scratch and its a tiny thingy - just 6"- and is radio controlled and flies like a dream!

He designs softwares for Mac systems - iPhones, iPads and Mac PCs & Laptops... He has't yet found the girl of his dreams... I wish him all the best with that!!!

Next is the business tycoon of the family - Ashutosh!


He was always the one who would make us all run! He used to do things we never even dreamt of! He went from our home town - Satara to Pune (about 111 kms) by ricksha once! His mother had ony given him money to go by bus! We never knew how he managed to pay the 500 bucks in place of 60! And he was only 12 at that time!!!

In 2002, he started a HUGE business in Pune! A multi-branded Laptop showroom. It was a dream beyond imagination for a middle class family like ours... But he saw it through... And today "House of Laptops" is one of the leaders in Laptop retailing! Gifts from him usually include trips abroad!!! ;)

He met the lady of his dreams - my now SIL Kaveri! And they are soon going to have a baby... I wish the best for all 3 of them...

Next is the eldest among them - Ashwin


He has always been the strong and stable one in the family! He is like a rock that we all come back to after a long time in the sea... Even though he's younger to me I call him Dadya( a modified version of dada - elder brother) He's been there for me through my toughest times... Never letting me feel lonely even for a moment!

Now joined by an equally wonderful wife - Jyotsna - they make an awesome pair! She's more like a friend to me than my SIL... They have a rocking son - Soham (2 yr old)... And I can already see he's not going to be anything like his father!

Dont you think thats a little too many boys in the family? I still am the youngest 'Pandit' girl!!! I changed my last name after my marriage...

Missing them all!!! May God bless them!!!
Love you guys!!!

And thanks to  all my readers for reading this... :)

I'll be announcing the winners to my giveaway very soon...

Stay tuned...

I'm hopping today too!!!

BWS tips button





3 comments :

  1. Makes me wish I had brothers and we followed this custom.

    Thank You for introducing us to your family Shruti. Your brothers sound like awesome brothers indeed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your blog! Following via Relax & Surf Sunday. Hope you follow back! http://funfritzfamily.blogspot.com/
    Can't wait to read more!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great blog! I'm your newest follower from Relax & Surf Sunday. Hope you can stop by and say hi too. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments... I try to reply to all of them personally, but sometimes life is just too fast to do that... But I love hearing from you...