SOCIAL MEDIA

Saturday, September 11, 2010

Finally He is here!!!

Today is Ganesh Chaturthi... A day to celebrate the arrival of Lord Ganesh into our homes. I found a beautiful eco-friendly Ganesh idol at a local shop here. The eyes caught my eyes and I just had to bring Him home. Yesterday evening, Hubby, me and kiddo brought home our Lord.



Te decorations are simple... I have another bout of that viral infection of last week, and kiddo's down with cough, cold too.


The sheer presence of the Lord Ganesh in our homes makes it feel more safe and secure.



Thats my favorite lamp... I especially like the shadow cast by the lamp... Its in silver and gift from my aunt.

Today morning, we performed the pooja to install him here. He'll be our guest for One and a half day. We will perform pooja and arati twice today and twice tomorrow and then will take Him to the river and immerse him in the water and say good bye.


So all of you, say with me, Ganpati Bappa Moraya!!! (Salute to Lord Ganesh)


3 comments :

  1. oh I love this...I got a necklace with his face on it =)

    I'm your newest follower^^

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stopped in from the Weekend Blog Hop.
    Just wanted to say hello and hope your weekend is nice :)

    Nana Poppins
    http://www.nanapoppins.com
    http://www.twitter.com/thenanapoppins
    http://www.facebook.com/nanapoppins

    ReplyDelete
  3. Here (late) for the Friday blog hops! Great blog! Your newest follower. Hope to see you at Dropped Stitches!

    xo Erin
    droppedstitches72.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments... I try to reply to all of them personally, but sometimes life is just too fast to do that... But I love hearing from you...