SOCIAL MEDIA

Friday, September 10, 2010

Ganpati Bappa Morya!!!

Ganpati Bappa Morya!!!

You guys know that India has got a diversity in culture more than nay other nation in the world. Every state has its own special festivals. Starting tomorrow, we maharashtrians are celebrating Ganeshotsav - Celebration of Lord Ganesh. Here's more about it.



I too am doing it. We have Lord Ganesh in our home only for 2 days. Its a lot like you guys have a christmas tree in the house. Just that we worship the idol twice a day. We make sweets - modak - which is made from sweet coconut stuffing inside rice flour and cooked on steam! Its a very complicated recipe and my MIL is a magician with it. I as usual, am pathetic...

So tomorrow is the D-day. We're bringing lord Ganesh into our homes... Will write more about it tomorrow...

Cheers!



3 comments :

  1. I have had modak (our next door neighbours are from India ) and enjoyed it very much.

    I hope Ganeshotsav brings you as much joy as our special times bring me. I look forward to hearing more about it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll have to tell my daughter. She's practicing yoga, and I know that Ganesh means something to her. We have a high school in Pomona California called Ganesha High School. When my friend Usha Rao moved here in the '80's, she and her husband drove around it to see what made it so special that it had that name. Unfortunately, it was named after a founder and not the deity.

    ReplyDelete
  3. your blog is beautiful and cheerful, love it...I hope your mother has healed and remains healthy! I also have many Ganesha statues and he is one of my most honored deities...Loved reading about the celebration, even though I am not Indian, I respect all spiritual paths.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments... I try to reply to all of them personally, but sometimes life is just too fast to do that... But I love hearing from you...