SOCIAL MEDIA

Saturday, September 18, 2010

Saturday 9




Saturday 9: Don't Let the Sun Catch You Crying



1. When was the last time you cried?

Whe my son was not well and I could do nothing to ease his discomfort...



2. If you could wake up tomorrow with a new talent, what would it be?

Cooking... hopefully...



3. Who is someone (other than yourself) would you like to go back into your past and talk to and why?

My Grandmother (my Mom's mother)... I never really got to tell her how much I loved her... She died suddenly when I was 6 months pregnant... And till that time she had knitted 6 sweaters for my kiddo... I wanted to tell her they were beautiful... I still have one, I hang it on the wall in my sewing room... I gave the others to my brother's son...



4. What is your favorite meal eating out?

Seafood!!!



5. Do you feel energized or drained by being in a group situation? If the answer is "it depends," on what does it depend?

I love being in a group I'm familiar with... But being in a completely strange group drains me...


6. What word do you use far too frequently?

I guess with a toddler "No" is the word I use most frequently... (It does not seem to have an effect though)


7. What’s a word you’ve invented? (alternate question: What needs a word but doesn’t have one yet?)

You have that feeling when you are going through a wonderful phase and then suddenly something (very small) bad happens and you start feeling its all going to fall down and be as bad again... I need a word for that...


8. Pick out one of your favorite songs. Go to Song Facts and tell us about the song's history.

Song : Words...

The Bee Gees were 3 brothers - Barry, Robin and Maurice Gibb. They wrote this after getting in a few arguments and realizing the power of words - how they can make you happy or sad.

This was written for a movie called The Mini-Affair. In England, the movie was titled The Mini Mob.

Barry was the only Gibb to sing on this. It was the first Bee Gees single where only one brother sang.

A cover version by Rita Coolidge hit #25 in the UK in 1978. In 1996 a cover version by Irish boy band Boyzone topped the UK chart. Maurice Gibb declared it the best ever cover of a Bee Gees song. (thanks, Edward Pearce - Ashford, Kent, England, for all above)

The Bee Gees became icons of the Disco era, but before they started singing dance songs in high falsetto voices, most of their songs were mellow ballads with lush arrangements.

This song was originally written for Cliff Richard, but he never got round to recording it as he wasn't making an album at the time. Rather than wasting the song, The Bee Gees decided to record it themselves.

Elvis Presley performed the song live as part of his concerts in the late '60s and early '70s. His version can be found on the 1970 live album, Elvis in Person at the International Hotel.




9. What is your absolute favorite piece of furniture you have and why?



Thats the plant display in my tiny garden... I love it because I got it made from all of the old stuff that was lying around in the house... Two ladders that had started to rot and a few wooden planks...


Cheers!!!




2 comments :

  1. Losing loved ones is the greatest loss in ones life.

    http://dwivedi2326.blogspot.com/2010/09/saturday-9_18.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. That would make me cry too.

    Have a great Saturday!
    http://harrietandfriends.com/2010/09/and-i-thought-it-was-just-me/

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments... I try to reply to all of them personally, but sometimes life is just too fast to do that... But I love hearing from you...