SOCIAL MEDIA

Friday, September 17, 2010

Favorite things Friday...

I've been reading Mrs. P's blog ever since I started blogging myself... Firstly because I so am a 'quilting in my pyjama's' girl! So when she started a Favorite things Fridays blog hop, I just hopped over to join her...





So here's one of my favorite things... It is a hand-me-down family heirloom, I'm so proud to have... It has been made by Rohit's grandmother. The skill is simply amazing... Here are the details...






I remember the day MIL gave it to me... It was just an year back, I was helping her straighten her closet. We came across a carefully wrapped package that she had completely forgotten about... It was packed in muslin... We carefully unwrapped it and found this!!! When I first saw it I thought it was applique... But when I examined it closely, I realized it was embroidery... I just fell in love with it... I was not into sewing at that time!!! I hung it up along with my curtains in my bedroom... I'll always cherish it... And once (read 'if') the redo of my sewing room is over, I'll take it in there with me... Its a wonderful inspiration...

What is your favorite thing??? Do hop over to Mrs. P's blog and join the fun...

Cheers
 


11 comments :

  1. That is some beautiful embroidery work on that piece. What a wonderful family heirloom! I'm glad you are enjoying it every day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is so pretty and you are right, a great, great piece of craftsmanship.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What an incredible piece of embroidery. Your MIL is so talented! I can see why it's one of your favorite things.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This piece is really amazing, definetly something to cherish.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think the best thing about your story is the fact that your MIL thought enough of you to pass such an heirloom on to you.
    Cheers
    Helen

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a lovely piece of embroidery! I would love to buy fabric with these images on it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. family heirlooms are truly precious and this one is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely piece, family heirlooms are the best aren't they.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a treasure you have! I find it incredible that people have such amazing embroidery skills. It's truly beautiful. Visiting from FTF. Thanks for sharing. Happy Friday! Larri at SeamsInspired

    ReplyDelete
  10. Shruti, This is a work of art. Your MIL is a skilled emoriderer indeed. I thought it was applique too until you mentioned it wasn't. What a fabulous family piece , and something to treasure always.

    Thanks for visiting and sahring your Favuorite Thing on Friday.

    ReplyDelete
  11. that is amazing... the time and skill it takes to make something that beautiful... how special

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments... I try to reply to all of them personally, but sometimes life is just too fast to do that... But I love hearing from you...