SOCIAL MEDIA

Friday, October 29, 2010

Favorite things Friday

I dont believe its been a week already... Want to know another favorite thing of me???

Neatly arranged fabric!!!



This was what my fabric stash looked like last week... I guess the sorting by color didn't quite work out for me... So I spent quite some time sorting, ironing, folding and scrapping away quite a lot of fabric during the week... I have spent about 2-3 hours EVERYDAY of the week working on my stash...

Here's what it looks like now...



Right in the middle, I have all my solids... To the left are again solids but of a different thread count... It also includes silks...


On the lower shelf on the left had side is designer quilting fabric and my new Charm Packs... On the right are  3 stacks, first is fabric I have bought (mostly half yard pieces), second is my reclaimed pillwcase stack... The third is a stack of my favorites... I use these often...


On the top shelf, to the left is linen that I usually use to make hubby's laptop cases... And a few fabric pieces (FQish) that I have 'up'cycled from my own clothes... To the right is a small shelf which holds all my 'Indian' fabiric... This arrangement works for me 'coz any other way I arrange it usually ends up being sorted in this manner LOL...


I love the look of neatly arranged fabric and am ready to spend a few minutes everyday to achieve this look...


The other shelf also has been arranged neatly...






On the top is my books and notebooks... Beow it are quilting fabrics... Below are the wonderful flannels waiting to be made into Quilt backs... On the lowermost shelf are pieces that I love but are not of the quilting quality... Many are reclaimed pieces... Including one duvet cover in King Size in Muslin, some silk fabric, some old dupattas etc...  

The fresh look that neat fabric incorporates to a room is just FAB! Its sure one of my favorite things... Whats yours??? Head over to Quilting in my Pyjamas, join the hop and tell us...




Dont forget to say Hi to Mrs P...

9 comments :

  1. wow! your stash is looking so nice and orderly! I've hidden mine in the wardrobe for now because I couldn't stand to look at it anymore hehe

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your stash certainly looks very neat and tidy. Mine looks neat occasionally but most of the time it's messy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mine stays neat for about 5 min max. Then I get in a frenzy of making and that all goes out the window.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Umm...can you stop by my place and neatly arrange my fabric? It has a mind of its own. That's why it stays behind the doors of an armoire. :o) Very nice favourite! Happy FTF! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh to be that organised. I'm promising myself sometime with my stash this weekend but it will still be a mess when I'm finished!

    ReplyDelete
  6. There is nothing like shelves full of sorted fabric. It's thrills my heart to see it all neatly stacked. Unfortunately I have to live vicariously through your photos because my stash looks nothing like that !

    Love this FTF Shruti.

    Totally off topic, I'm trying to find a laptop bag pattern that is easy so I can make Miss P one for Christmas (I have some fabulous Midwest Modern I'm dying to use ) I dont suppose you have an easy pattern. There are a few on the internet but I'm sewing challenged !

    ReplyDelete
  7. I WISH I were that organized! It looks fabulous on your shelves. Mine is mostly folded but overflowing the bins intended for it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I thought your stash was neat and tidy to begin with (and so pretty) but I love how you've rearranged it even more neater and tidier! Beautiful!

    xo -El

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow so organised! Mine is in a big pile in the blanket box :-) No order whatso ever....but my wool, well that is at least sorted into colours!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments... I try to reply to all of them personally, but sometimes life is just too fast to do that... But I love hearing from you...