SOCIAL MEDIA

Thursday, November 25, 2010

Grrr!!! \:-[ I hate when this happens...

Sometimes my machines just wants to act up... Everything was going fine... I am at block 11/16 for the Small Leaves Quilt for my client... I'm done with pasting the leaves on all the blocks and they look so pretty!!!
So my dear little Bernette decides its time to make me a little bit angry... So she starts skipping some of the zig-zag stitches... I change the needle, change the bobbin, clean her a**, oil her and start working again... Wow! Oh so smooth...

Block no 13/16 and she starts skipping again... I redo my routine thinking the glue must have been the culprit... But this time, she wont be buttered by me... :( And she continues her skipping...

And my leaves start looking like this...
When my dear Bernette acts up

Oh, I hate this so much... Can anyone tell me what I should do???

OK, I'll bribe you... Give me a trick that works and you can win a FE of each of these delicious fabrics... What do you say??? Are you game???

The five sweets...




3 comments :

  1. ohhh I hear ya - I've had that and tried all the steps you did and nothing worked, it still kept skipping. I did a load of googling and reading through my manual and it was suggested that before I fiddle with the tension nob that I run a clean piece of cotton through the tension threader part before rethreading the machine - does that make sense? I'm not sure how your machine threads but on my machine it is the 2nd step while threading

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh those fabrics are gorgeous! here goes. Take a look at the screw on the bobbin case and see if you can change the tension of the bottom thread using that.Play around with making it looser or tighter to see what effect you get. Also check your thread. You may have a a bad bobbin that has slubs on it and that catch slightly as they go through the needle. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wish I knew-- those fabrics are gorgeous! You could try making sure your needle is seating properly, if it's not snug in the recess, it can cause skipping.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments... I try to reply to all of them personally, but sometimes life is just too fast to do that... But I love hearing from you...