SOCIAL MEDIA

Thursday, November 25, 2010

Happy Thanksgiving!!!

First A very Happy Thanksgiving to all of you!!!


It has been a hectic week on the sewing front... What with all the swap deadlines and my first commissioned quilt!!! It was fun to choose the fabric, the pattern... And its a gift for a bride on her wedding day from her parents!!!

I'm using Elizabeth Hartman's Little Leaves pattern from her book The Practical Guide to Patchwork: New Basics for the Modern Quiltmaker...


I'm just changing the block sizes a little bit to make it from just the one Dream On Charm Pack that I have...

The background will be a pale yellow! I hope to get it ready by tomorrow night...

Meanwhile, I did finish a lot of stuff on my swap front...


Scrappy Hoop

The first was my hoop for the Scrappy Hoop Swap... The posting of this was a huge story. I had packed it to send as soon as I was back from my trip... I was not well so I asked DH to take it to the PO for me... He did!!! (So sweet)... Fast Forward to Sunday morning... I was sorting through my scraps and imagine my horror when I found this beauty peeking from under the pile of scraps!!! I was just short of fainting...


So here's the story... In my hurry I had packed away a trial hoop that I was working on! It has absolutely stupid embroidery on it that I'm so embarrased to show anyone... I sent away my final hoop immediately, but I'm just nervos about what my partner will say when she gets the first one...


This one's made from the same pattern that I'm using for the quilt and I've used leftover petals for it too... Dream On!!!


My next finish is for my Mug Rug Swap...
My Star Mug Rug!!!


This is a Star Mug Rug that I made... I know I signed up for a non-christmas mug rug, but I just cannot help but send this one...


This little girls' going a long way...


Next, I've made another cute Mug Rug with the exact pattern that I made mine!!! This little girl's going a long way!!!


Any guesses what it is???




And this is something else thats going to accompany the two Mug Rugs... Any guesses what it is???


I also found a bunch of fabulous fabric at my local market... Perfect with co-ordinated solids for another HST project... Mayble I'll use them for my PTS4 pillow!
My fabulous finds at the local market...


The five sweets...


Aren't they gorgeous... And you know what I got them just for 0.8$ a yard!!! Now you're loving them even more!!! LOL


I received a lot many things while I was busy...
First up... My Potholder Pass Swap...
This one came from Mary - 13insanepenguins! I loved her name!!!
Its a work of art... And even the ornaments that she made...


PP5 received...


PP5 received : detail

See the details of the Potholder!!! OMG!! It makes what I made look really silly...


Next, I received the two quilts that Valentina had sent to me for the Spread the Cheer Project... They are a piece of art themselves and I'll show them off in a special post...


STC quilts by Valentina

She also sent this lovely fabric ' just for me'... How nice!!! Thank you so much Val!!!


Fabrics from Valentina


Next came my Mini QT Swap House from Krista... Its so beautiful and the fabric is yummy too!!!
Mini QT Swap

Next came a wonderful package with the most apt mug rugs for my kitchen and my sewing room!!! With another lovely bundle of fabrics!!! Yummy!! She also included a small package for Aadi... Crayons and some stickers... She's such a sweet partner!!!
Mug Rug received from Spiced Coffee

So, what are you up to this week???
I am waiting for my postman to bring me this
 
Handmade Beginnings: 24 Sewing Projects to Welcome Baby
 
So that I can get started with some projects to welcome my neice/nephew into the family... My brother's wife (Ashutosh's) is due in two weeks!!! I cannot wait, I've already made a few things, but will show them to you along with snaps of the lovely kiddo!!!
 
Cheers!!!



2 comments :

  1. Wow, Shruti, you have been very busy! Love it all, and congrats on your first commissioned quilt! Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Goodness me...you've been up to a lot. Have you given up sleeping?

    That fabric of yours looks delicious.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments... I try to reply to all of them personally, but sometimes life is just too fast to do that... But I love hearing from you...