SOCIAL MEDIA

Sunday, December 19, 2010

My first bee blocks and fresh snaps of Esha...

This month I started off in two bees... The first is a Bee in Oz... Though the name suggests otherwise, it is an international bee...


Emaa had sent some gorgeous black, white and red fabrics... This is the first block I made for her... I am making another one, a wonky version of this one... But that will be later...



Bee in Oz - Block for Emma

Do you see the seams in the middle of the upper squares??? You cannot... Now look in the picture below... Yup you can see them now... Well, the pieces were a little bit small and I used Oh Fransson's technique to extend them... I am trying to find the link for you guys... The first time I am feeling comfortable with showing you the back of my block!!! Thanks to Elizabeth's technique, the block has come out pretty clean!


Bee in Oz - Block for Emma

This is my block for Carol from 1st Wednesday Block Swap... She had sent some fresh green scraps and wanted a scrappy block... I made this one using a tutorial in Fat Quarterly's first issue...

1st Wenesday Block for Carol

And, yes, you have seen hem before, haven't you??? Meet all my Eshas... They come in a variety of colors... They will be priced at $2.49 each in my Etsy shop starting 2nd Jan!!!

The whole bunch!

Dont they look fab when they dance???

Ballerina Eshas

And they are so tiny???? Doesn't this one look so peaceful sleeping in my palm???

Esha : she's so tiny

I still haven't worked on my 3 x 6 blocks and am going to be terribly late there... But I have put it on my to-do list for this week... I want to get all those post-it notes off my wall before 31st Dec...

You know what... Retro Mummy is having a giveaway of one of the most delicious fabricline, I have seen... Flower sugar by Leichen... Isn't the fabric just delicious???

P1013738

Want to win some??? Head over here and enter the giveaway... All the best...

Cheers!!!

2 comments :

  1. Cute Bee blocks Shruti , and the Eshas are just darling.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the little Eshas!!! Very cute!! Is your shop open on Etsy yet?

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments... I try to reply to all of them personally, but sometimes life is just too fast to do that... But I love hearing from you...