SOCIAL MEDIA

Monday, January 24, 2011

SSF Week # 3 : Sewing Tables




First the winners of the Sudoku Quilt Kit...

First is Jenny who said, "your room is so organized! i love it!
i think your quiltie idea is terrible clever! your partner is sure to love it." Congratulations Jenny


Hey Jenny, I do not have a link to your email! Please contact me before Thurday (IST)...

Second winner is Shay!!! who said, "What clever striage ideas. I really need to stop storing things in small cardboard boxes!"

Both you gals, mail me your address along with your choice of Sudoku Quilt Kit!!!

And now moving on to next week... This week we're focusing on the Sewing Machine Tables...

I dont actually have a sewing machine table right now, but am in the process of making one... This one that I found online is my favorite so far... Its simple and yet so efficient! I love the wicker baskets the most... 


From tomorrow, we are having more guests who'll show off their sewing tables... Got yours to show? Or got someone elses' to show??? Show it off... Just send the pictures to 13woodhouseroad (at) gmail (dot) com and I'll feature them on Saturday...

And this weeks prizes???

The very generous Fat Quarter Shop is sponsoring us these wonderful beauties this week!

The first winner will get an Amy Butler Soul Blossoms Premium Thread Collection of 9 spools!


The second winner will get Mettlers Quilting Essentials Gift Set of 8 Spools!

To enter, all you have to do is be a follower and leave a comment on ANY post this week!

Enjoy your week!!

Cheers!!!






17 comments :

  1. Hi Shruti, I am a humble follower and would love to win that beautiful thread.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Me too, I'm a follower in need of thread. I have loads of fabric but only about 20 spools of thread! My sewing machine table is just a desk. The sewing machine has to be put on the floor whenever I want to do something else!

    ReplyDelete
  3. One can never have too many threads, so I would love to win this give-away! Thanks for the chance. I am a follower. Greetings from Seoul.

    ReplyDelete
  4. One can never have too many threads, so I would love to win this give-away! Thanks for the chance. I am a follower. Greetings from Seoul.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations to the winners!
    I'm a follower! and you can never have too much thread can you???

    ReplyDelete
  6. Pretty thread! I love this series you're doing--such a great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your new blog design looks gorgeous, Shruti! Love those threads! Already a follower!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Shruti. I am a follower of your blog. Thanks for the chance at this great giveaway. I do my sewing on a very large table. It's not very fancy but gets the job done.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I bought an Ikea table for my sewing table and I love all the space.... I will send you a picture of it.
    The only problem is I can not easily put my sewing machine in it recessed because of the iron bars of the item I bought. I didn't think it would be a problem....when I bought it.

    So I had an old sewing cabinet and tried to put my machine in it. It still was not flat and flush. So we bartered...my husband does his brothers taxes and I got his brother to fix the old cabinet so that it worked with my machine. Voilà a table that was free is now my free motion table and I also have a large desk area to work on my other projects.

    I will take a picture of that table and send it to you when I get my machine back from the sewing machine Dr's

    I am enjoying your posts and ideas.

    Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi! I love that sewing table - those pull out baskets are neat! I'm using a table without a cutout for my machine - makes me wonder how much easier it is when your machine is set in... maybe some day I'll know. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I've been following your blog, but didn't realise I wasn't a 'follower' so have amended that! I hope your hexie flower arrives from me soon. I sent it at the beginning of the month.

    Sewing tables, this should be an interesting thread. I've got my eye on a portable sewing table...but will have to save up for it.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh! Oh! Oh! Thankyou Shruti and FQS for this lovely prize! I'm completely walking on air.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Lovely! I really like that desk with the wicker baskets. Pretty handy!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'm LOVING your blog. When I get home I'll get some pics of my new sewing room to share on my blog!! By the way, I've put a button from your blog on my blog. God bless! Judie Bee

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh yeah, and I'd LOVE to win some of that beautiful thread. Thanks for the opportunity to try. God bless, Judie Bee

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi Shutri, I am familiar with your work from Flick'r. My sewing table is a classroom desk! I have very little room and sew in the corner of my bedroom- much to my husband's disgust. Lovely threads - thanks for the opportunity to win!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments... I try to reply to all of them personally, but sometimes life is just too fast to do that... But I love hearing from you...