SOCIAL MEDIA

Sunday, January 23, 2011

Some Basting, Quilting and Sunday Posting!!!

How's your weekend going??? Mine is going at top speed!!! It does every time... I wasn't aware that speed of time varies so much... It seems to drag during the week and flies on weekends!!!

So what did I do???

First I finished my Mug Rug for the Scrappy Mug Rug Swap on Flickr.


Mug Rug Swap 3


The package is ready, packed and sitting on my table waiting to go off on 15th Feb!!! Wow!!! Thats a bit too early... Never mind...


Next, I finished all the 6 diner placemats that I was working on... They were fun to make... I am holding an auction for 2 of them and the other four will be listed in my shop on Monday!


Diner Placemats!


Do you remember me telling you that this was on my way...





Well, it has arrived...

Mouth watering arrivals from Hawthorne Threads


Has been cut, pieced, basted!!!
Basting




And the quilting has began!!!
What am I making with it??? Well, thats BIG news!!! MY very first sponsored quilt! The very generous Charlie and Lindsay of Hawthorne Threads have sponsored me the fabric for this quilt...
I'll be launching my first pattern on my blogoversary!!! Thats just 20 days away!!!


I also need people to test my pattern... Please mail me at 13woodhouseroad (at) gmail (dot) com if you will be interested. The pattern will be on sale at Hawthorne Threads along with a FQ Bundle!!! You can buy the pattern from my Etsy shop as well.


And Quilting


Apart from that, I also was so inspired by this


Sewing machine cover in 'Hope Valley'


by Bloom that I had to make my version of it... She is going to have the pattern on sale on her blog in a few days... But till then, I'll make do with a simpler version...


All my Aussie Friends, if any of you can find the Nov 2010 issue of Australian Homespun, please contact me... This pattern is featured in that edition...


So I made this... I used the Alexander Henry fabric that I ordered from a US Etsy seller...


What do you say partner???



Forgive the super boring photo quality... What I want you guys to see is my first attempt at hand embroidery!!! I'm so proud of it!!!


I am thinking of making one version of this one for my MMM partner... Only when I get some feedback from her...


What are you up to this Sunday???


Cheers!!!



9 comments :

  1. I love that your little mug rug IS a rug! :) great job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not Australian but I DO have that magazine! I had spotten the sewing machine cover and intend to make it myself!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely fabrics and great sewing machine cover. Have a lovely week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your mug rugs look fantastic. I love hexagons. They rule and the braided mat is so gorgeous. Lucky partner.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations on the pattern and the deal with Hawthrone Threads! That's amazingly exciting news!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those diner mug rugs are absolutely adorable! Congrats on your sponsored quilt, and best of luck as you finalize it in the coming days :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those diner placemats are fantastic! Congrats on your upcoming pattern!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Super cute cover. I need to make one! Thanks for linking up to Quiltstory!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments... I try to reply to all of them personally, but sometimes life is just too fast to do that... But I love hearing from you...