SOCIAL MEDIA

Sunday, February 27, 2011

SSF Round-up, A few snaps and some Charity

Okay guys, it went by very fast, but Sewing Spaces Focus has officially come to an end. It has been fun to have all these wonderful women be my guests and say little something on my blog. You have been wonderful ladies!


So here's the masterlist for you all


Thank you all. It would have been impossible for me to carry off something without your help!

And most of all, a big thank you to all my wonderful readers. You really cheered me up. I have had my hands full for a while and so some of you might not have got replies to your comments. But I assure you, before the end of March, I'll personally reply to all your comments. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Today I finally managed to borrow DH's wonderful camera and clicked a few snaps.


First off, a few arrivals... I received this wonderful package from Rosa Munda for the Mug Rug Swap. Aren't the mug rugs beautiful?




Mug Rug Swap received from Rosa Munda

Next, I also received a mini quilt from Sandi. It is absolutely beautiful. Aadi loves it and let me borrow it for a while to click snaps.

January mini quilt received from Sandy



I also recived tow of the five books I ordered from amazon. They told me the other package has got delayed and I wont be getting it till April! :(... But they did refund me the shipping charges as compensation... :D


DSCF1387


So here's my quilting / sewing books library at the moment.


DSCF1390


I also received some of the gorgeous fabric that I ordered.




DSCF1393


Some Echino


DSCF1395


A few rockets & planets


DSCF1396


Some bikes


DSCF1397


Here's the whole bunch along with the slippers and wardrobe fabric...


I also managed to photograph my Soul Blossoms Quilt...


DSCF1382

The pattern will be released on 1st March. You can buy it from my Etsy shop.


Next, I also managed to finish the mini Bob I had started a few days back for my UHGS partner. 


I loved the quilting. I was a wild idea. I started off with the wish to quilt it with random straight lines. But after making two perpendicular lines, I decided to change my plan! I'm glad that I did. It looks fab. Its going to be a little bit of trouble letting go this one.


UHGS Mini Bob!


I also liked the way the binding went with the entire effect of the quilt. What do you think?


You all know what happened in Christchurch NZ. If you want to donate something handmade for auction please go to Handmade for Christchurch.


I'm donating 3 of my Esha Dolls for auction.


Ballerina Eshas


Visit their trademe page to bid.




On another note, you still have another 24 hours to win


 or


So hurry up and drop in your comments.


Have a blast this weekend!


Cheers!!!





13 comments :

  1. I LOVE your Soul Blossoms quilt!! And your Esha dolls are so sweet!! I thoroughly enjoyed your sewing spaces series--there were lots of great ideas and it was fun "meeting" your guest bloggers. I also subscribe to your postcard blog. I look forward to reading your future posts (and looking back at some of the older ones I missed!)-- Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for the opportunity to participate in your sewing room features focus Shruti. I enjoyed being part of it.

    I have the last minute patchwork gifts book too and it's got some great things in it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love those quilts. The Soul Blossoms quilt is my favorite. Thanks for sharing all of the sewing spaces with us. It has been fun.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, love your mini Bob quilt, turned out awesome. You are so right, those quilting lines are fantastic. Very dramatic, and the binding is just perfect too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really love the mini Bob quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can't believe how quickly the weeks and posts have flown by! It was a treat to visit in so many different studios - thank you! I love your Bob quilt - and the quilting is just perfect on it - it's giving me some ideas...

    ReplyDelete
  7. I just came upon your blog today! I look forward to seeing more of your quilting work! What great inspiration. Thank you for the opportunity to win one of the books.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Shruti, your blog has been a blast, especially lately! Thanks for sharing all that! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  9. I've really enjoyed the SSF series and look forward to continue following your blog. I also wanted to add that the Soul Blossoms quilt is really pretty! I'm excited that you'll be publishing the pattern!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I loved seeing all the other workspaces and reading about all of these wonderful quilters. I love the mini Bob-- it's so bright and I love the dark quilting!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks for the master list of sewing focus pages - I'll have fun browsing the one's I haven't seen yet. Lots to see in your post, I especially like the quilting you did - it looks so dramatic and effective.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your blog is great Shruti. Always interesting and has given me lots of ideas for my sewing space.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Shruti,
    Came to your blog via Craftgossip and I must say I am completely impressed...not just by the lovely quilts you make but also by your lucid writing.

    Would love to own one of these books :)
    -Leena

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments... I try to reply to all of them personally, but sometimes life is just too fast to do that... But I love hearing from you...