SOCIAL MEDIA

Sunday, April 17, 2011

When wishes come true...


We all have wishes... 
Some we express...
Others are left unsaid...
Same is true for swaps...
We have something in our mind...

And when our partner remembers to fulfill ALL our wishes, things just start looking a little more better!!!

I signed up for the Make Mine Modern swap with noting specific in my head, but lots of things... 


When asked for a "wishlist" here's what I had said...

"Here's my wishlist (I'd love to call it that... :) afterall, you dont get asked often what you want...)

1. A mini quilt for my wall (I have the one I am thinking about in my inspi mosaic...
2. The scrap boxes I have talked about in the likes and dislikes section
3. A sewing machine cover... I... again I have a few options in my mosaic
4. Felt Balls (I have a thousand things to make with them, but I dont get them here)
5. I'm not a huge pincushion fan, but I'd love one if it is really lovely!
6. Some fun wall art for my sewing room...
7. A pair of Mop Shoes!!! They are so wonderful...
OR anything that you think I'd love, partner... I want to think of you when I see it... "

And here's what I got...


MMM The whole bundle of goodies!!!


Isn't the package just A.M.A.Z.I.N.G.???


The mini quilt is gorgeous... And will pop from my Grey-Yellow -White walls!



MMM Received!

And felt balls!!! Wow... They look yummy...

Felt Balls - Yummy!!!

I love the antique dish that is holding them... It was in my living room, but the balls look so wonderful in it that it has found a new home in my sewing room!

And Fabric... 
Not just any fabric guys, look,
its Dr. Suess!!!
I was actually screaming when I opened the package!!!

Fabrics!!!

Thanks a lot, Brooke... You just made my day...
week...
month!!!

Cheers!!!

What did you receive in your swap???

If you're looking for the FQS Bella Parade post, its here.



6 comments :

  1. Wow, what a fabulous package!! I would have screamed to see the Dr. Seuss fabrics, too :) Lucky you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. that is a great package! I love the mini quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great Package - Love the darling Felt Balls!
    i am excited about the quilt along beginning May 1st.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Shruti, love your blog and your concept of upcyling. By the way you write so well.

    regards Rashida.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You're so sweet, Shruti. I'm glad you liked everything so much. I got the Dr. Seuss fabric for you right away so I was really hoping you didn't change your mind or buy some for yourself. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, those felt balls do look fabulous! Of course, the whole package is great too =). I also read your things I don't say post. I'm glad that you have struggled through and kept up your blog/sewing despite that experience. I've had a bad/misunderstood experience too. You're not alone!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments... I try to reply to all of them personally, but sometimes life is just too fast to do that... But I love hearing from you...