SOCIAL MEDIA

Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Oh Fransson Fridays - Finally on Wednesday

Finally!!!

I managed to upload my pictures!!! But now the original post that I wrote is gone! Wow! Why does blogger hate me?

So here's the First Oh, Fransson! Friday!!!

Oh, Fransson! Fridays!!!

For December

I chose to make the Kitchen Windows quilt from Elizabeth's book - A Practical Guide to Patchwork.


Her quilt is awesome! You just cannot match that!!! I wont even try that...


But I know mine is also good

Here... have a look...


I made it using 9 blocks to make it a square quilt for a toddler! 



It came out wow! 



I used the fabric from the leftover layer squares from A stitch in color by Malka Dubrawsky. I am totally in love with that fabric... Its like you fall in love only once in your lifetime and that happened 4 times with me... First DH, then DS, then Elizabeth and now Malka!!!


For the backing, I have used one of the Kalamkari fabrics that I got from my recent Baroda trip!!! Its so soft!!! 


Do you like it?


It is not perfect in any way!!! There are imperfections, but I enjoyed making it...


Just for fun, see both my Malka Dubrawsky quilts together! What a difference the neutral that you choose to use in a quilt can make!!!



So, what did you make this month? 

Link up if you have made... I'd love to hop by and see...


Cheers!!!

9 comments :

  1. What a gorgeous quilt!! Thank you for sharing it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is beautiful! You did a great job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Shruti, Your quilt is beautiful. I like the choice of your fabric with the bold and dark borders. Where did you get the fabric from?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesomequilt shruti, loved the fabric u used n ur pictures r more appealing tooo......loved it!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome!! My fav pattern. It has come out very well. Does the kalamkari fabric not bleed?

    ReplyDelete
  6. it certainly did come out WOW!! well done you xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous! I love the Kitchen Windows pattern and plan on making one too one of these days:)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your quilt is a work of bold art and I love how you have photographed it too. Now that I have some more time on my hands I'd like to up-cycle some pillow cases - but nothing that requires as much patience and skill as what you do! Amazing work Shruti!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments... I try to reply to all of them personally, but sometimes life is just too fast to do that... But I love hearing from you...