SOCIAL MEDIA

Friday, January 6, 2012

ABC of Quilting Post # 5

Today's topic is


Endless Resources : Online Fabric Resources

And today's post is written by someone who is an okay quilter and loves to ramble on about a lot of things around her... She is totally self taught (nobody even taught her to thread a sewing machine!) and has been quilting (attempting to quilt) for 2 years now...

Who is she?


Your's truly!!!
Shruti!!!



Staying in India I was not introduced to designer fabric (I didn't even know such a thing exists!) untill I participated in a fabric swap by Sew Mama Sew...

I do not remember when I started actually buying fabric online... But I did, and I'm glad for it... Today my stash is growing more rapidly than my son!!!


So where do I buy fabric online???

Here's my list of top 10... If you have a shop, small or big, just add to the linky so that people will know!




The Fat Quarter Shop was founded in 2003 by Kimberly Jolly. The Fat Quarter Shop continues to branch out with the best fabrics, exclusive kits, quilt clubs, BOMs, and more. Visit The Fat Quarter Shop and drop by their blog The Jolly Jabber
I have bought from them often and I love shopping with them... :) Super fast shipping and generous cuts!





Fabricworm has modern cotton fabric for quilting and many other craft items. Cynthia is the founder of the store and carries one of the largest selections of Japanese imported fabrics online. 
She has a great collection of my favorite Echino prints.
Here's a link to her blog




Stitches N' Giggles was born as an online fabric store that sells designer fabric worldwide from Michael Miller and Moda at very reasonable prices. 



Pink Chalk Fabrics features quality natural fibers for quilting, sewing, craft projects, handbags, aprons, and more! You'll find colorful fabrics from the big names, Japanese imports, and small, boutique finds.



Here you can find a HUGE Selection of Kaffe Fassett Collective fabrics, as well as Batiks, Kona Cotton 
solids, Australian Aboriginal, Art Gallery and 1930s reproductions at wonderful prices.



Burgundy Buttonsstocks a wonderful range of pre-cuts along with a growing range of fabrics by the yard. 



Absolutely wonderful selection of fabric!!! I love this shop...



I bought my latest fabric for the Oh, Fransson! Friday!! (Coming up next friday) from them... Gorgeous selection and fast shipping...



Lovely collection of Japanese and Kawaii fabric... Lots of fabric, laces and other stuff to select from... Yuo'll get lost here...

#10 : Kalla


Beautiful hand screen printed fabric!!! Go and have a look...

Do you really think I could stop at 10???

Here are a few more that are dear to my heart...

#11 : Want it, Need it, Quilt!


Run my the hexy-woman Jane, this is fabulous shop where you will find most of the new Moda precuts before they are available in the US!!! 



Unique and beautiful designs... Expensive, but if you have got the buck, go for it...



The woman behind the beautiful colorful fabric!!! Laurie Wisbrun... Lovely collection...



Lovely collection of custom designs by people around the world! You can upload your own design here too...
WARNING : You'll get lost here...

#15 : Sew Deerly Loved.


Run by Kerri, Sew Deerly Loved is a unique fabric boutique that carries a collection of designer and Japanese fabrics.

Had fun??? Hop on the other stores linked in the linky (if there are any... LOL)... Go buy your heart out...

Cheers!!!






4 comments :

  1. Always handy to know of good online fabric stores. Thanks. I left a link to eQuilter.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Shruti for being a fabulous customer and also linking to me! I really appreciate that! Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just to let you know what an inspiration your ABCs of quilting series is.... I cant seem to be reading it fast enough and oh what a treasure trove of information! I so hope I do take to quilting and enjoy it!
    Thank you for sharing and beautiful work!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Do they ship to your address in India?

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments... I try to reply to all of them personally, but sometimes life is just too fast to do that... But I love hearing from you...