SOCIAL MEDIA

Friday, January 6, 2012

First Finish of 2012!!!

Yup, here it is... My first finish of 2012... Actually I finished the top in 2011... Btu it took me an year to complete the quilt...



;)

I was browsing through some blogs, hopping from one blog to another... And I cam across this quilt... It was on the Portland Modern Quilt Guild's blog... I wrote to them and they told me that it was made by Cherri Langley of Sew On...

Isn't it gorgeous?


Now here's my version of the same... I'm calling this one "A Little Lacey!"


I made it using 6" squares... The finished size is about 37.5" square...


I used grey and orange scraps for the binding...


I loved how the printed fabric looks as if I have put a net over the center of the quilt...


For the backing I used a graphic print that I bought from Pune...
Here's the detail of the print!


I loved the color combination...


And I quilted it with straight lines just outside the orange squares... I didn't want any quilting lines to cross the orange squares... 


I loved how the quilt turned out in the end... And I'm going to find it tough to let go of this one... :)

Cheers!!!


5 comments :

  1. What a fabulous quilt! You should keep this one for yourself!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Doesn't it feel good to finish something! I need that feeling...

    ReplyDelete
  3. it's really nice. I like the lacy look in the center. where is the quilt going?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fantastic idea. Lovely quilt. I wanna make one like this too! Its so clever!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments... I try to reply to all of them personally, but sometimes life is just too fast to do that... But I love hearing from you...