SOCIAL MEDIA

Saturday, January 21, 2012

Finish # 3 of 2012 : Hand quilted Denim Quilt

This is the second post of today! Thats because I finished 2 quilts this week. I'll be posting 4 of the ABC pending posts tomorrow... Here is a link to the other quilt I made this week...

Hand Quilted Denim Quilt...



I have always loved the pairing of denim and red. So when I though of making a whole cloth quilt... Denim and Red were my first choices.

This quilt had me do a lot of "firsts"

It is my FIRST hand quilted quilt.

This is the first time I have tried to make a two sided binding. And I am making it again for sure...

It is also the first time I attached my binding strips on bias. I always did them straight, but I knew the denim would bulk up the edges too much. So HAD TO sew them together on the bias.

Here's my beauty...




The denim side...


Here's a look at both the sides together...


I just love the way these two fabrics work with each other!


Do you like the red side...


Or the Denim side?


Did you see that awesome binding???

Want to know how I made it? 
I'll write a tute someday...

Cheers!!!



4 comments :

  1. What a lovely quilt! You did a great job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The binding is amazing, and perfect for this quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I do like this quilt Shruti - simple in design so it won't date and yep love love love the binding and hand stitching!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love it and would love to know how you did the binding!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments... I try to reply to all of them personally, but sometimes life is just too fast to do that... But I love hearing from you...