SOCIAL MEDIA

Saturday, January 21, 2012

Finished Quilt # 2 of 2012 : Echino Scrap Quilt

It has been a whirlwind busy week for me. Worked on two quilts (posting them in two different posts) Here is the link to the other quilt...

This one is made from the scraps left over after making my Echino Pillows...





It all began with this quilt I saw on Rita (Red Pepper Quilts) blog. It was awesome, simple and dramatic.

image from RPQ blog

I wanted to make one too... So I took a few of my Bella Solids and cut the strips...

Now, when I looked at my Echino scraps... I had this idea...

So I combined the two...

And here it is

Echino Scrap Quilt


Here's some pretty fussy cutting...


I have included some selvedges... Here's some Echino...


And some Etsuko Furuya (Reminds me of Funsuk Wangdoo in 3 idiots - a rofl Hindi movie)


I used one of my Kalamkari fabric that went well with these colors for the backing... 


I used a solid lemon yellow binding. It really brought the quilt together...


Do you like it?


Cheers!!!


1 comment :

Thank you for your comments... I try to reply to all of them personally, but sometimes life is just too fast to do that... But I love hearing from you...