SOCIAL MEDIA

Saturday, July 28, 2012

Turning Triangles... WIP

So HBO decided to spoil my weekend. Oh, did you ask how?

Well, for all those who do not know, I am a huge Harry Potter fan! Of course I love the books more than the movie (isn't it always like that?) But I was really looking forward to watching HP7 part 1 today afternoon.

I managed to finish all the housework (My help took a week off!) and cooking, got my son fed... Everything!
Including DS's surprise demand of gulab jamoons (of course the ready to cook powder ones, but GJ's nevertheless)

And what happened? Apparently someone had jinxed HBO (another reason to believe wizards do exist!) and the picture went twice as fast as the sound (I knew that light travels faster than sound, but didn't think it applied here!). And they decided to chuck it and put on another movie instead...

What a waste, you'd think...

Well, I'm known to make "Best of Waste" am I not?




So here's what I spent my afternoon doing... Ever since I had received the Color Quarterly magazine by Asian Paints, all I could think of was the back of the book. It had this beautiful collage made up mainly of triangles... The colors were so "not me".

And it was screaming "MAKE ME INTO A QUILT". Has that ever happened to you? You see a picture and cannot forget it until you make it into a quilt...

I decided to make it into a mini quilt...

So here's my Turning Triangles Mini...


I'd love to make it into a larger quilt...

Maybe someday I will...

But making this one was fun...

I sketched it on paper and cut my pieces (yup all the triangles too... Didn't follow the shortcut to make them) and put it all together... Didn't take as long as I thought it would... And turned out it was fun after all...

Now any suggestions on quilting it?

Cheers!!!

6 comments :

  1. That looks sooo pretty!!! Not my thing either, but man, so nice looking!!!

    Quilting that ... well ... Busy as heck on the white side ... and straight linear look over the patterns?? Can't wait to see what you decide though - I like!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't know about the pieced side, but it would be fun to quilt the solid side so that it was fractured like the pieced side.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi! i think your quilting is so cute that I've selected you for the Lovely Blog Award =). You can pick the button at my blog www.devictoriaparaelalma.blogspot.com.ar

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's wonderful! I love triangles.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your quilting is beautiful! Just found your blog. We would love to have you link up to our Strut Your Stuff Saturday at sixsistersstuff.com. We are also hosting a Build Your Blog Conference 2013 in Salt Lake City, Utah on Saturday February 16, 2013. Go to our website and click on our Build Your Blog Conference link. Hope to hear from you! -The Sisters

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, I really like that. It looks very complicated.
    i just bought a whole lot of solids and I want to make something like that.
    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments... I try to reply to all of them personally, but sometimes life is just too fast to do that... But I love hearing from you...