SOCIAL MEDIA

Thursday, August 2, 2012

A Bonus Day...

I was supposed to be in Satara today with my parents... And then today evening in Pune with my little brother celebrating Raksha Bandhan... And tomorrow morning I was going to leave for the Husqvarna Viking "Master the Art :Quilting" Meet to be held over the weekend in Mumbai...

Those of you who have been following me know that I have 3 wonderful brothers...  We celebrate the beautiful bond between us on this day...

All 3 are younger to me... But they're a rock solid wall that I can lean on any moment...



I'm looking forward to a much more happier and gala rakhi celebrations next year! But this year, its going to be insignificant as other, more important things take priorities!

For some reason I cancelled my trip to Satara and Pune... And instead I will be taking a bus directly from Sangli to Mumbai...

So I have an extra day!!!

I had finished all my packing yesterday as I was supposed to leaving early morning today...

The bag was packed...


The door to the sewing room was shut tight... I dont want anyone to see the view...


So what do I do with this day???

Well after looking at that photo I feel - cleaning the sewing room would be a good idea! Maybe I'll do that or maybe I'll just relax and watch TV and just chill in general!

So I said I'm off to a quilting meet...

Husqvarna Viking has organized "Master the Art : Quilting" workshop in Mumbai this weekend... And they have invited all the India Modern Quilt Guild members...


Ms Gabriele Mossa will be coming specially from Germany for guiding us with different surface embellishment techniques... I'm taking along my Turning Triangles quilt top... Looking forward to what magic she can help me create!


Ms. Devayanee Kachare a super talented fibre artist from Pune will also be demonstrating Hand embellishment and Fabric Painting!

There is another quilter who's going to give a demo... Not as good as the other two, but not bad either!


Yup!!! I'll be giving a small demonstration of the Improv style of quilting!!! Yay! I'm absolutely excited!

Will update all you guys how it went when I'm back...

Yesterday, I had gone shopping for furnishings with a friend... We recently finished doing her new house... And she had a party this weekend... I dread her choices in color... She truly is happy to pair a beige mat with a brown bedding and navy blue pillows and thinks it must be the weather that's kind of depressing!

 So we were shopping for some pillows and stuff... And we came across this beautiful Kantha Quilt! We bought a Red one with colorful flowers for her and then...

She bought a White one for me!!!

You shouldn't really gift a quilter a ready made quilt... But I love this one...


Not only it is perfect for my Living-Dining Room, but it goes well with Aadi's Pillow too! :)

The fabric is pretty Anna Maria Hornerish! And I love the detailing of the work...


When she bought it for me, the first thought that came to my mind was...


I felt guilty for buying something that I could easily make... But then I felt good! I loved that quilt and knew it would look PERFECT in my home!

Happy to receive a quilt from someone!

Now I'm planning to buy some coordinating fabrics on my trip to make pillows for the day bed!

Have you bought a quilt for yourselves? Do you feel guilty for buying something that you can make?

Cheers!!!

5 comments :

  1. Have a great time : ) Lovely quilt too

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nope! The question I ask myself is "Would I?". After that it is, how does the cost of the ready made quilt compair to the cost of the materials I need to make it, and the time it will take.

    It looks lovely in the picture.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I recently did buy a solid blue quilt for my bed, because it was on super sale and because I like to lay other quilts (the ones I make!) on top of a quilt in a layered fashion. It seemed silly for me to buy all the blue fabric, layer it, bind, then quilt....when it was only going to be partially visible under my lovelier quilts.
    The funny thing is it is always too hot for quilts, but I still love the way they look when layered. Just in case anyone shows up to photograph my bed for a magazine! ha ha ha!
    I love the way your new quilt is quilted...that hand-done look is wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Enjoy your time at the workshop. I'm sure you will have lots of new fans after they see you in action.
    I love the quilt. I often find myself shying away from a purchase thinking the same thing, but I know I don't have the time or patience for all of that hand quilting. Sometimes, it's nice to sit back and relax with something someone else has made, especially if it is perfect for a particular space.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for sharing the post.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments... I try to reply to all of them personally, but sometimes life is just too fast to do that... But I love hearing from you...