SOCIAL MEDIA

Wednesday, October 31, 2012

One block wonder quilt

I did it!

I finished my Onee block wonder quilt! I had decided to enter it into the Bloggers Quilt Festival this year and had a deadline to work towards!

Amy's Creative Side

I'm absolutely thrilled the way it turned out!





Making this quilt was a journey in itself...

I was inspired by a fellow member of the Modern Quilting group on FB and wanted to give the technique a try.

I had the yardage sitting on my shelf for quilt some time now...

I wanted to make a feminine quilt for myself for a long time!

Everything just fell into place with this quilt!

I had the ebook, the fabric, the cotton batting (that I ordered from Wrapped in Fabric), the perfect large print - feminine yardage and the most divine backing!


The process itself was so much fun, once I got past the cutting stage!


The top came together fairly fast!

And I decided to do just straight line quilting 1/4" on both sides of the row seams...

I really wanted to keep the quilt simple and warm...


And I LOVE how it turned out!


I chose an Indian Chevron print for the binding... I love how the colors go with the quilt...


And I just LOVE the backing! It is divine! Super soft!

I really like the way this one turned out and am thinking of many more of this style!

Quilt Measurements : 48" x 72"
Special Techniques used : One Block Wonder method of aligning and fussy cutting the triangles.
Quilted by : Myself!
Best category  : Two color Quilt, Throw Quilt

Did you enter your quilt into the Festival? Go on and do that...

7 comments :

  1. Great job. I really love that fabric!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been meaning to try this technique and you've just made it harder for me to wait! Great fabric for it. Wow!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on finishing it for the festival! Great job.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That turned out so well. Perfect fabric choice.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It is so mesmerizing to look at! I love red and white quilts. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love how this quilt turned out! It's amazing how you can take one print, cut it up and rearrange it and make it into something even more beautiful and unique.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments... I try to reply to all of them personally, but sometimes life is just too fast to do that... But I love hearing from you...