SOCIAL MEDIA

Wednesday, February 20, 2013

My not-so-little one's Birthday!

Its that time of the year! When my baking skills are put to test...

Last year I made the Nemo Cake for my little man on demand...


I had NEVER made fondant before, but I survived!

This years I have planned to KISS!

Remember my mantra for 2013 - SIMPLIFY!






The party is on Saturday! And here's what I plan to do this year!



Source : Pinterest

And the theme for the party will be Chocolate and Colors!

If you have any ideas about games/decor/favors, do leave a comment and tell me.

Any help will be appreciated!

So far I've come up with just one game idea - a Chocolate Relay - divide kids in groups and give a Dairy Milk bar to each group. Each person eats one piece and then passes the bar to the next person. The first group to finish the bar wins! (This sounds like a good game to have at the IMQG meet too!)

Cheers!!!

5 comments :

  1. I'm wondering about making little shaped re-melted crayons as a part of favors? Have you seen that on pinterest? I love the idea, but then I love Crayons, too. I have heard that you have to be careful which brand you use since they all melt differently. The cake looks delicious, too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How old are the children? If you get a block of chocolate, knife and fork and dice. Two teams: Roll the dice, when you roll a 6 you start cutting with the knife and fork - nothing else can touch the chocolate!! Can only eat one square at a time. Dice passes around the circle, each person taking a turn until another 6 is rolled - that person then takes over cutting. If you are worried about germs, give each child a separate fork (even better if it is a plastic fork)
    Games ends when the time is up - you set a time limit or the block is eaten.
    If you want more info - email me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was going to write the same as Mhairi. The chocolate dress up game always goes down well at parties!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You could have a spoon race. Carry skittles, or other brightly colored candy from point A to point B using only a spoon. You can make it a little more difficult by making them hold the spoon in their mouths by the handle.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Do you have maltesers there? Malt balls they might be called. There's a game where you have two bowls, one straw and a few malt balls per player. When you say go, each person has to transfer the maltesers from the bowl they're in to the other empty bowl and the first person to move all their balls wins.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments... I try to reply to all of them personally, but sometimes life is just too fast to do that... But I love hearing from you...