SOCIAL MEDIA

Friday, March 8, 2013

Sew Thinky Thursdays : Week # 6

Another Thursday and its time to think with Emily!


Here's her question for today:

What is your favorite color of Kona Cotton*? How much of it do you keep in your stash? Is there a solid that you always find yourself running out of?


To be honest, my experience with Kona Solids is very limited!

I have used Bella Solids more (Thanks to the Bella Parade Season 1 & 2). Two Jelly Rolls (or Roll Ups as Robert Kauffman calls them) is all that I have of Kona Solids!

But I do have something else to share with you! 

We get some of the most awesomest solids in India! And all for 1-3 $ a yard!!!

This is what out fabric shops look like!


And yes, the place where I buy, the guy actually climbs onto tables to get me the fabric I need.

Here's my stash of solids...


And now sorted by color!


And here are my current favorite colors


Quantity-wise apart from the white - I have the green in maximum quantity (its is supposed to be the backing of a quilt!)

But I do tend to run out on this color a lot more often!



Can you believe
1. These are all BLACK
2. They all look the same to the naked eye!
3. I can NEVER find more than 1 yard when I NEED it
4. when I buy new one, it does not match!

Whats your solid story???

We'd like to hear it too!

4 comments :

  1. Whoa. One day I will come and visit and just stand there in the midst of that fabulous shop! :) I love your solids! I can't wait to see you once you have all the color cards!

    Thanks for linking up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What fun shop... It reminds me of some of the shops in the fabric district in downtown LA. I remember the first time walking into one with my mom and just seeing fabric piled up to the ceiling... I thought that was so crazy... now that I moved away I wish I still had all those choices.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow that shop is amazing! I can only dream of it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. aww i miss shops like those when i am in doha..

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments... I try to reply to all of them personally, but sometimes life is just too fast to do that... But I love hearing from you...