SOCIAL MEDIA

Thursday, June 20, 2013

On a finishing spree...

After completing the Hawaii Quilt & More Peace last week, I finally got my creative (note I'm not saying quilting/sewing) mojo back! And I'm just so glad!!!

A while back I had made these for a friend, and forgot to post the pictures...

Baby Sleeping Bags - pattern from the book Handmade Beginnings by Anna Maria Horner


A baby set - A sleeping bag, bib, blanket, booties and burp cloth!


See the cute blanket...


Thats how the little toy is attached! It folds to look like the little boy is sleeping on the blanket!!!


After making 2 large / tiring projects and a 2 month vacation from quilting, it was REALLY time for a studio cleanup! I just could not function any more... The thought that I'll soon be hosting workshops made it even more vital that I cleaned up my sewing room!!!

It took 2 days... But finally got it done...



The other side... 


Added some color to the table...

 Dont think about what the Family Word Finder is doing there, its just there to raise the Speaker that I now use to play podcasts on while I work!

Rearranged drawer of threads... I still have my thread rack, but I use that to keep all my local thread and this drawer to keep my special ones - Aurifil & Mettler (mostly Aurifil - 'coz I love them the most!)


I need to do something about making partitions here, everytime I open or close the drawer, the spools go on a ride - each along a different path!!!

I made a pillow for my sewing room from the fabric that my wonderful cousin brought for me from Ikea Singapore! Since I loved it so much, I made another one for the living room! 

These are HUGE - 24" x 24" and I'll probably end up using them on the floor!


I spent today morning playing with canvas, crayons & hair dryer to make these for my sewing room!!!

So happy with them that I'm planning to host a make-art-with-the-kids party with my friends this saturday - the same friends with whom I went on the memorable Kaas trip.

The first is Warms!!!


Some cools!!!!


And one mixed!!!


 I'm also working on getting the quilting on this one finished... 7-1/2 out of 12 blocks are done and I want to finish it by tonight!!!


Going off to finish that one now....

I am awaiting a package from Fat Quarter Shop... Once I get it, I have another super announcement for you guys!!! :)


What are you working on???



3 comments :

  1. Love your cute baby sleeping bags, and baby gift set.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Do you have access to that bumpy stuff used on shelves etc. to keep things from moving? I cut some up and put it in my thread drawer to keep things from shifting around. It works like a charm.

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow! I wish I could catch the 'finishing bug' from you!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments... I try to reply to all of them personally, but sometimes life is just too fast to do that... But I love hearing from you...