SOCIAL MEDIA

Tuesday, November 5, 2013

iQuilt!!!

Today we're celebrating Bhai Dooj in India. It is a day of celebration of the relation of a brother and sister... I had made a VERY special gift for my little brother!

But before I show you what I made for him, here's a run through his reactions to it!!!



 The tag read "For the world's BEST BROTHER, from the world's BEST SISTER"
 

He just LOVED it!!!

Do you want to see what I made for him?

Here's my latest creation iQuilt!
 

Want to see more? Scroll down...



Want to see some more??? Scroll more...

 
Little brother with his iGod!!!

It is a portrait quilt 24" x 30" made using 3 shades of fabric. I made this one using the reverse applique technique. It sure was a challenge to make it, especially the beard part. But I thoroughly enjoyed making this one! It was a quilt that challenged me, and I always love challenges!!!


I did a small photo session with the iQuilt before I gave it to Chaitanya!

 Do you like it???

I do not understand the story behind that actually awkward pose! Believe me, I have spent hours in front of the mirror trying to make sense of it! But this man had style enough to make it look so comfortable!  He was a true icon!

Why would I gift a portrait of Steve Jobs to my little brother? Because he's a HUGE fan of his! Believe me you have to be a fan if you always had clean and crisp textbooks at the end of the school year and yet you read THREE biographies of a single man!!!

And the fact that Chaitanya started #includetech, and develops Apple applications, makes it even more relevant!
Verbs, Steps and Appetite are just some of his releases...


I am truly happy today... Not just because I made a challenging quilt, but because this is the second time I made something that has a lot of sentimental value for someone close to me!!!

It gives me immense satisfaction!

Here are the quilt stats :

Name : iQuilt
Size : 24" x  30"
Photo : Steve Jobs by Albert Watson
Techniques used : Reverse applique
Material Used : Fabric (3 shades - White, Grey & Black), Aurifil Thread (again 3 shades White, # 2625 - grey- and black all wt 50), Tulle
Made on : My Bernina 330!
Experience : Amazing! Trying a less used reverse applique quilt for a portrait did a lot to boost my confidence!!!

Do you like it???

13 comments :

  1. Shruti, If you offer a FB class in this reverse applique technique, please let me know. I'd like to try it out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it! It came out fantastic & it's really nice to see your brother with his quilt, too. Have a super day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Shruti, I find it difficult to express how unbelievably talented you are. I thought you'd printed the image onto the fabric, lol. You truly are a fantastic sis!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The quilt is great - I am totally in awe of the incredible handwork you put into it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the quilt, especially the title you chose for it. Very clever .

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is an amazing and truly personal gift. I'm sure your brother was thrilled.

    ReplyDelete
  7. that is incredible! I would love to see some closeups of it! amazing work

    ReplyDelete
  8. Incredible gift, and just perfect for your brother

    ReplyDelete
  9. this is absolutely amazing…I too am a fan, as well as my man of the hour. We met him in New York a few years ago…he was quite eccentric but very appealing…he liked to play with his chin when he was thinking .lol

    ReplyDelete
  10. Amazing job. Great job on it all.

    ReplyDelete
  11. It looks amazing Struti! Excellent work, no wonder your brother loved it.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hey There. I found your blog using Twitter. This is an extremely well written article. I'll make sure to bookmark it and return to read more of your useful info. Thanks for the post. I'll definitely comeback.
    Cardsharing Server

    ReplyDelete
  13. That's an incredible likeness- wonderful work.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments... I try to reply to all of them personally, but sometimes life is just too fast to do that... But I love hearing from you...