SOCIAL MEDIA

Tuesday, December 3, 2013

The man, the machine and the quilt!!!

You haven't seen any action here on 13 Woodhouse Road since almost a month. But I have been VERY busy for the past month. Working on a super secret project with Bernina India!!!

I have been a Bernina user for over 2 years now. I bought my first machine, Betty the Bernette E56 in April 2011. And after that was gifted 'Emily' the Bernina 330 in April 2012 by Bernina India.

I have always loved the quality of stitches and the user friendly features of Bernina machines. Plus the owner of Bernina India, Mr Ajay Gupta is a true gentleman. He really markets his brand well. He sold me my first machine on the phone!

The point is I have been associated, voluntarily, with Bernina India since April 2011.

I am a convinced Bernina Girl and nobody can possibly make me change my choice of my machine.


When I heard the news the Mr H P Ueltschi was visiting their new Creative Center, I immediately conspired with Mr Gupta to make a portrait quilt for him as a gift from Team Bernina India!

Here's the finished quilt!!!


It was a pleasure making this one!!!

It was made in 3 weeks with 1247 raw edge applique pieces.
I used 6 shades of Moda Bella Solids for this : White, Fog, Stone, Lead, Charcoal and Black 
I used Pellon Wonder Under #805 for fusing my applique pieces.
I used Aurifil Wt 50 in 4 shades : White, 2 shades of grey ( I cannot recall the numbers, and the stickers from the spools have fallen off - but I do remember that they matched the Stone & Lead fabrics)

Meeting Mr Ueltschi was a surreal experience! Something that I'll never forget!!!

Here are his expressions when he saw the quilt! I finally managed to find out how to make the animated gif image!!!


The event itself was absolutely awesome!!! The highlights included meeting friends after a 'very' long time. But I will do a separate post about that!!!

This is a shot I will always treasure in my life!!!


Thank you, Bernina India, for this opportunity!!!

Quilt Stats :
Title : The Man behind the Machine
Portrait quilt of MR H P Ueltschi, Owner and Chairman of the Board of Directors of BERNINA International AG
Size : I do not really remember, I did measure it though. It should be about 30" x 36"
Material used : Moda Bella Solids, Aurifil Thread 50 wt, Tulle, Pellon Wonder under #805
Techniques used : Raw edge applique, free motion quilting
Experience : Out of this world!!! Not only making the quilt, but also meeting the man in person!!! Blows away all my previous ones!




5 comments :

Thank you for your comments... I try to reply to all of them personally, but sometimes life is just too fast to do that... But I love hearing from you...