SOCIAL MEDIA

Wednesday, July 30, 2014

Smile!!!

My latest finish!

Its a portrait of a person who made many hearts go 'dhak-dhak'!

She is a person who has worked as a lead with both a father and a son in two different movies!!!

She is a person whose dance moves have made people drop their jaws to the floor and never pick them up again!

She is Madhuri Dixit, a star who has been a favorite of more than 3 generations in families of India!!!




I wanted to see how fast I could make the portrait. So this time I timed myself!

I used the reverse applique technique once again!

And I love how it looks...

Though, after Jenny Bawker, yes THE Jenny Bawker, suggested that I do some contour quilting to arrest the puffing, I am going to do that tomorrow!!!


It is small.... About 12" x 14" (I trimmed it down from the original 15" x 15")
I'm naming this one "Smile!!!" after that gorgeous smile of hers!!!

Quilt Stats
Name : Smile!!! 
Size : 12" x 14"
Material Used : Fabric - Modaa solids - Black, White and Greys
Thread : Aurifil 50 wt

Technique : Reverse Applique

Do you like it?

Cheers!!!

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments... I try to reply to all of them personally, but sometimes life is just too fast to do that... But I love hearing from you...